Question

Anyone fed-up with horrible coverage from TMobile

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

What's ironic is the in Tmobile's terms and conditions, that no one reads before signing , TMobile doesn't guarantee service.

I Believe you're forgetting that a lot of us did not sign up with T-Mobile! I'm a 22-year Sprint customer! I had amazing service. There's a reason I stayed with Sprint for as long as I did! And yes for us, T-Mobile did make some grandiose promises that they did not keep up with including that. We were supposed to have the same exact coverage. Actually more "expanded". Nope. Honestly even when I'm on a Wi-Fi... SOMEHOW the coverage is still sickening!?!? I even went out of my way to buy a better phone because I did read everything and read about how they prioritize people with certain phones and certain plans before others and that did not even help! So before you speak in such a flippantly facetious way, remember AGAIN, most of us did not choose T-Mobile. 

so have you converted to an actual TMO plan now or are you still tied into TMO with a Sprint plan? if you are still on a Sprint plan technically you are free to move onto another carrier (unless  you have something youre still trying to pay off).

I was a previously happy Sprint customer with no problems.

Me too . . . and after being forced to upgrade phones, not one of the 4 new iPhones works properly.  Dropped calls, calls ‘failed’, texts won’t send to Android, pictures won’t send via text, receiving calls where I can’t hear the caller but they can hear me . . . and yet I get to pay for full service AND the expensive iPhones.

I miss Sprint . . . maybe if they had Sprint lead the merger, things wouldn’t be so messed up.  And if it is really the 5G upgrade that is causing the problem . . . maybe they should have done at least a little regional QA for a period of time before they upgraded the entire network.

Like you, we are just not happy with Tmobile.

@T-mobile what's going on! your service is terrible, we need an explanation and a pront solution to this issue NO MORE EXCUSES!!..

The corporate office.

A target

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

What I’ve learned, is that even Verizon customers are having trouble now with the 5G system updates. They are having the same issues.

So, for now, might as well stay with T-Mobile and have better prices and customer service.

If or when Verizon has less issues, then I will consider switching.

All of this is about RF propagation and that’s dependent on many things, basically where you are in relation to the transmitter source, obstructions, and how far away from it you are.  I was on Verizon for many years, same location and a few months ago something changed on their end.  Most of my phone calls were one sided at best and my 4G signal was down to an EDGE signal, I think the lowest until I got an X, no signal.  I called Verizon on a borrowed phone and they said all is good, you just need a more expensive plan and a new phone.  I didn't want to chance it, and I moved over to T-Mobile, and I will say for the last 2 weeks all is good here.  So far phone calls have been 100%, the free Moto 5 G5 works great, and I’m seeing decent 5G speeds on my unlimited plan for less money than my old Verizon 2 GB plan.  Radio propagation is a finicky mistress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have TMO while the better half and kids have V..i can say any place they dont have signal i usually dont either..so its the area..there are however many places i might not have the greatest of signal while they do...but its also vice versa...i can have killer speeds where they can barely make a call let alone pull anything up online..

heck at my work my speeds are usually double the speeds of ATT/V phones..and im in a warehouse surrounded by signal killing everything.

for giggles i just ran a speed test..

538Mbps down

37.8Mbps up

19ms ping.

this is while surrounded by tons of metal, concrete walls and wiring with 2 businesses blocking line of site to the tower im connecting to..

like any other carrier out there..they will have their good areas and their bad areas.

Userlevel 1

Don't believe the map or the lies! After many months a knowledgeable T-Mobile technician stated" you will never get reliable service in your location". T-MOBILE has lied at all times since we signed up! Use the FCC speed test app..If you factually comment on their service, they will just remove and block you from their sites!

I’m facing similar problems. Getting tired of it.

I’m paying for unlimited data, but I can barely use it when I’m not on WiFi. What’s the point?

As others have said, this started with T-Mobile. My Sprint service was reliable and consistent.

I’m downloading GlassWire to keep track of when I can & can’t use my data, and if it falls below an acceptable threshold I’m going to start demanding refunds for my monthly bill. I recommend others do the same to put pressure on them to fix their crap.

I had Great Service before they took over Sprint, once they merged/bought out the service went to crap. 80% of the time I have no service, can’t make calls and the calls are constantly dropping. I looked for other companies but most of them use T-Mobile Towers which means the service is still going to be crapy.  Probably better off going to Verizon or AT&T  I’m highly considering it. 

I would never recommend T-Mobile to anyone.

T-Mobile Sucks is what I tell anyone that asks about this service!!!

As w/my VERY poor serviced ‘Community Phone’ account was lied to about the connection status in my rural zone. When first considering (them) told ‘top’ reception area. Soon followed (by my complaints) to such a dream then told ‘oh, gee’ maybe not so good after all and then of course trying to insinuate must be (my) fault somehow. Think we are ALL fed up w/the corporate lies (as w/political and gov) that support this allowing their FCC licensing, etc.!!! Get their $$$ and ‘See Ya’ chumps. Century Link lobbied to get away w/such things and now they all try. Bark back people. Getting too absurd!

Userlevel 1

What I’ve learned, is that even Verizon customers are having trouble now with the 5G system updates. They are having the same issues.

So, for now, might as well stay with T-Mobile and have better prices and customer service.

If or when Verizon has less issues, then I will consider switching.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d recommend escalating through T-Mobile through their messaging and get a rep that isn’t just ‘Customer Care’, but someone from executive response (typically requires BBB complaint) - they’ll typically help get you ported, and ‘can’ waive device payments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This is a Description of our Complaint with T-Mobile and the BBB:
For the past almost 3 years we have had all of our family cell phone lines with T-Mobile. We switched over from Verizon about 3 years ago because we responded to a promotion offered by T-Mobile whereby offered much better coverage at much better prices. Turns out that their marketing in advertising campaign was misleading and inaccurate at best. From day one, the coverage and reception was below any basic level of acceptance causing phone calls in messages to drop or fail at a rate off three failed for one success. After a few months, I complained with T-Mobile, they profusely apologized and told us to be patient because they were in the process of rolling out their new 5G Network and also merging their Network with sprints, and they said that the coverage and service issues will greatly improve in a matter of weeks or a couple of months at the most. When this didn't happen, I called to request a transfer of service and they insisted that it was just a matter of time for their coverage and service to noticeably improve and they offer a nominal remporary discount to keep us from switching over. As expected, the coverage and service not only did not improve but got worse. After another 12 months have gone by and everyone in our household having being fed up with dropped calls failed messages in lack of connectivity, we have decided to switch over to another carrier. When I call T-Mobile to inquire about the process, they told me that we're free to switch over but they're going to charge us retractively rebates and fees that they have waived because we're not meeting the term of our contract. And my question to them what kind of compensation do we get for the 3 years of failing to provide the most basic service that we have been faithfully paying in full for almost 3 years. We'll know that these are tactics that these types of companies use to hold people hostage regardless of whether they are the ones at fault in causing you to leave. This should be unacceptable!

That’s a bummer. Your new carrier should offer to pay any fees for transfer so I would get that confirmed before switching over. Unfortunately, there are as many Verizon and AT&T folks complaining about coverage as TMO. I personally would never sign on with a carrier with any promise that coverage will improve in the future. If it doesn’t work as well as I need on day one, I would cancel within the full refund period (14 days for TMO).

I’m unhappy that sprint converts with T-Mobile and all the sprint stores close and T-Mobile can’t access my bills and my bill is constantly changing I’m unable to view all charges it’s exhausting I just want a bill that’s going to be around the same amount every month not 300 one month and 500 the next I always pay my bills on time and only have 2 iPhones 

Badge

What's ironic is the in Tmobile's terms and conditions, that no one reads before signing , TMobile doesn't guarantee service.

I Believe you're forgetting that a lot of us did not sign up with T-Mobile! I'm a 22-year Sprint customer! I had amazing service. There's a reason I stayed with Sprint for as long as I did! And yes for us, T-Mobile did make some grandiose promises that they did not keep up with including that. We were supposed to have the same exact coverage. Actually more "expanded". Nope. Honestly even when I'm on a Wi-Fi... SOMEHOW the coverage is still sickening!?!? I even went out of my way to buy a better phone because I did read everything and read about how they prioritize people with certain phones and certain plans before others and that did not even help! So before you speak in such a flippantly facetious way, remember AGAIN, most of us did not choose T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m doubtful that they told you ‘same exact coverage’, but then again … Sales is far from reality.

I’d recommend filing a complain with BBB/FCC if your coverage went from ‘amazing service’ to WiFi only’  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m unhappy that sprint converts with T-Mobile and all the sprint stores close and T-Mobile can’t access my bills and my bill is constantly changing I’m unable to view all charges it’s exhausting I just want a bill that’s going to be around the same amount every month not 300 one month and 500 the next I always pay my bills on time and only have 2 iPhones 

Oh and they won't fix it either, don't expect them to. T-Mobile is the worst! Those of us who had Sprint.... We got screwed over the worst out of EVERYONE! We didn't choose this trainwreck. We're just a casualty of Corporate Collusion. 

Location is VERY much an issue.  I.e. Sprint (when I did have it) was a lot of roaming.  Certain areas like Cambria CA, San Simeon CA had no native Sprint service period.  Same with much of Sierra Highway (parallel to CA-14)… connecting the High Desert cities ( pop +300k) to Los Angeles area (pop +5M).  T-Mobile in these areas exist … but aren’t AT&T or Verizon coverage.

Similarly, in my area, the handful of Sprint towers that existed were converted to T-Mobile, which helped add service in some areas (filler sites).  For my local residence .. Sprint/T-Mobile were on the same tower.  Sprint was B41+B25+B26 ~=150Mbps.  T-Mobile was ~150-200Mbps (B2/B4/B12) now B2/B4/B12/B71 + n25+n41+n71 5G.

location makes a big difference.  Sadly, some areas T-Mobile has removed (not updated) Sprint sites.  I’d recommend calling BBB/FCC on your issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

out of curiosity what makes you believe that tower is a TMO tower?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile really likes to pile the icing on their . My T-Mobile bill just went from 118.00$ to 130.00 without any type of permission or information. Cannot tell if any type of improvement of crappy service or coverage. T-Mobile has gotten away dishonest representation. enough people need to complain to the PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION. AND FILE LAWSUITS FOR INTENTIONAL MISREPRESENTATION.

You can file there, but id recommend starting with the BBB.  Your issue is billing, so BBB/CPUC are your best bets after “customer care”.

The poor sevice at my home has been an issue for many years now.  I really have to change carriers.  What is upsetting is that T-mobile customer service promises changes, talks about improvements being made to towers, etc., but nothing changes.  I was on the phone with a customer service rep from HP trying to correct a printer issue and my call was dropped twice in a half hour.  He called back once, but not a second time, leaving us without a solution.  Also, what's upsetting is that T-Mobile was excellent when we first switched from Verizon and went bad.  My theory is that T-Mobile began using AT&T infrastructure at some point.  Years ago when I had AT&T for work it never worked in my home area...now T-Mobile has that dubious distinction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

in many cases TMO is on a tower with another carrier..so either theyre both on the same tower or near to each other tower wise or you live in an area that has something blocking the signal. could be buildings or trees in the way..or youre down in a bowl and the signal is going over the top of you.

The terms and conditions mean nothing because it takes awhile to learn your service sucks!

I coukd have read everything and it wouldn't have changed a thing!

We were told to switch sim cards before porting over to make sure we had good service at our house and it seemed we did so we switched over.

Over the last 3 months i have almost never had a call that wasn't dropped or very hard to hear at times, my wife and I drop around 5 to 7 calls a day between each other (basically every single one!

Huge stretches of interstate where verizon never dropped a single call are now complete DEAD zones!

I have found about a dozen spots where calls now drop every single time where verizon never missed a beat!

Forget inside a building! HA! That's a total joke! And again with verizon we had zero issues! 

Well today I've finally had it! We're going to the verizon store today and seeing what we can do about going back! 

fireguy...you missed an important point.  T-Mobile was excellent when we first signed up, much better than Verizon, better reception, better clarity.  At some point that changed and ever since then we only get one bar on our mobile phones and often get dropped calls, sometimes at the most inopportune moments.  If TMO changed towers and their new infrastructure is blocked from my area that would explain why nothing they say or promise improves the reception.  Seems they need to find additional towers or find a technological improvement to actually respond to the many complaints about bad reception on this post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they might have also adjusted the direction of the antenna. if they made some adjustment to cover more of a certain area that might also explain what youre seeing on your side. all you can really do is have them put in a network ticket for you. i recommend the Facebook/Twitter route over calling in or trying to use chat.

I have had service say 5g and can't call out it will say call failed. It drops calls constantly  I can't send or receive texts or I have to download the texts.  I just restarted my phone and got 52 texts I missed from the last 2days.  This all started after the merge with sprint  it is a terrible company now

T mobile should be sued for faults advertisement. There 5 G sucks so bad your phone will show you have 5 G but will be as slow as lte. There's no way t mobile. Can stand up to there claims. Lier lier lier