Before we leave after 20 years

• 28 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I've been a customer of T-Mobile's for 20 years I've been through the ups and downs in the growing pains but this recently has been the worst T-Mobile has ever been not only in customer service but our signal has diminished I have a brand new s23 plus a brand new tablet and three tracking GPS units from T-Mobile I'm about to return them all and go to AT&t right down the road here and sign up with them no one around here uses T-Mobile for a reason and they're about to open a brand new store in our town I'd like to see how that's going to go I'm more curious to know from the community has anyone else experienced such lousy signals two and a half hours to make a phone call today and I was calling customer service at that they never respond to their chat ever ever so what the hell's going on T-Mobile before I go to AT&t tomorrow I just thought I'd ask

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've never had any issue when I call. I usually get connected within 5 minutes.

I called today to cancel my watch plan to save $15 since they took the autopay discount away for paying with a credit card. Rep asked why I was canceling and told him why. Their getting a lot of blowback with this change the rep told me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I had AT&T originally, and the signal was so poor, they let me out of my contract and I went to Verizon.  Their service was okay, but expensive for what I was getting.  I stayed with them for many years until recently, something changed on their end I think, and not just my phone, others as well.  No signal most of the time.  I called CS and their solution was to spend more money on another plan and buy another phone.  No thanks to that.  That brought me to T Mobile, lots better value than Verizon, and much better service.  I guess it matters where you live and how much you want to spend.  Like they say YMMV, but I’ve been pretty happy with T Mobile since I switched in March of this year.  I hope you get a carrier that suits you and works.  It’s super frustrating when it doesn't.

Badge

When my new S23 bricked, it took me about 2 hours to get service.   Once I had them on the line, things went well.

But I cancelled a $15 data plan add-on I didn’t really need to offset the autopay policy change.

There’s no way someone who has lost my data to hackers three times in a short period is going to get  my bank account information, and I won’t use debit cards.

And yes, the others have all been hacked.  But now, T-Mobile is no longer price competitive because of the autopay change.  It’s even with AT&T in price, but AT&T has a better data budget for the same price.

So AT&T may get my business if T-Mobile goes any further in increasing risk or reducing plan features.

The claim is T-Mobile is paying a 3% charge for using credit cards.  But my autopay credit was 14% of the total.  So that makes zero sense.  They would have recouped their loss with a reduction to $3.50 per line.

Not only were they unable to find my account (they text me enough, they should know how to find me) the customer “service” rep hung up on me (I was not being abusive at all, I’ve worked customer service), then, after calling back and being on hold for 20 minutes, I got disconnected before anyone answered.  

I have to work tomorrow.  I need the internet and I can’t go up to a T-Mobile store.  This is ridiculous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you can contact TMO through Facebook or Twitter as well. this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.