Solved

Can I move my wireless home network to a new physical location?

• 29 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I use my T-mobile home network in my RV.  While driving and at a new location, it used to connect and continue to provide internet service.  A few months ago, it stopped doing so, except at my home.  Is T-mobile no longer allowing portability of the T-MOBILE 5G HOME INTERNET? 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 29 March 2024, 12:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

TMHI was never meant as a portable service.  Usually, the gateways are locked to a specific few of the closest towers to where your service address is.

Badge

Thanks for the comment.  

I had thought so too initially , but my friend who also uses his T-mobile home in an RV had been using it successfully remotely for years.  And I have too for about a year.  Perhaps, they are finally locking it down.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You can try getting info on this from T-Mobile directly over social media

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks for the comment.  

I had thought so too initially , but my friend who also uses his T-mobile home in an RV had been using it successfully remotely for years.  And I have too for about a year.  Perhaps, they are finally locking it down.  

He probably has a Hotspot which is different than home internet. 

Badge

No, he has the same unit I do.  We are currently too far out to have a signal and he sees a very weak signal.  At least the unit is not showing an error message which it has done before.