Question

can't change sim to esim

• 6 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

if i change sim to esim it always doesn't work, how to solve this?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble activating your eSIM!  Do you mind going over your steps here?

Badge
I stopped at that page
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I understand but where did you go up to that point? Did you go to the accounts page, choose the number you wish to update, and select Change SIM?

Badge

yeah right like that

Badge

can you help me for thi problem?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey, I see what you mean, it looks like the SIM update link is routing to the contact us screen, this could mean that the link needs to be fixed or the system could be down. 

I wish I could be more help but I can’t access your personal account from here, nor can any of the mods.

At this point, your best bet would be to provide the EID to someone in your Team of Experts by dialing 611 or reaching out via Facebook or Twitter. You’ll need to have the phone connected to Wi-Fi and remove the physical SIM.

Once the EID has been activated, you can go to Settings>Cellular>Add Cellular Plan and you’ll be given the option to download the eSIM settings to your device. I’m sorry about the headache but I hope you’ll find some help soon.

From customer service.   I know how convenient it can be to update the SIM card on your own without having to work with customer care and I want to be upfront that at this time that functionality is not available and all SIM card changes including those to eSIM must go through our customer care teams. This is something we’re exploring bringing back in the future, but we do not have any estimated time for when that will be. 

If you would like us to assist with updating to that EID then we would need to send you a one-time PIN via text message and once verified we can update it for you. May I send that one-time PIN to you now?