Question

Cannot connect to TMobile Personal Hotspot

• 10 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I need help and getting very frustrated!  Less than 30 days ago, I signed up for TMobile 5G Personal Hotspot for my internet, and phones.  I did this specifically because I will be travelling/moving around/working at various locations remotely, and needed an internet that will follow me almost anywhere.  I have a work laptop computer but there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to connect this new internet to the laptop, and yet, when I click on the “WiFi” icon at the bottom right corner, my new internet does not come up as an option in the list (for the record, I do have my personal laptop set up with it, and my phones as well so this is a device issue).  I have had people tell me I need to download an app on the computer?  Or something along the lines of maybe my laptop computer doesn’t have the capability to sign in under this new internet?  Can anyone please help me?  The gentleman at the store where I signed up didn’t even tell me about the free Netflix, and has not been hugely helpful.  I need someone that knows that they are doing and can help me figure this out.  Please?  Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Personal hotspots are an amazing tool for people that are working on the go like you are. What Hotspot do you have? How many signal bars show up on the hotspot itself when you are trying to connect? Did you change the wifi name or password when you initially set it up? I think you are saying that you have connected to the hotspot in the past with both your phone and laptop. When was the last time you were able to successfully connect to the hotspot?

I know this is a lot of questions, but the more we know, the better we can help.