Question

cant get my samsung galaxy s24 to reiceve data but can still call

• 12 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I randomly got on my phone and in the corner of my phone i had 5 bars but nothing was loading except text messages, I've reset my mobile data connection, turned on and off my data, and restarted my phone several times yet STILL NO DATA CONNECTION!!!!!

6 replies

My son’s line has the same issue since 17:00 Eastern (northern virginia). Been on the support line waiting for a person for 45 minutes.

Restarting the phone changed nothing.
Turning data off then on did nothing.

Internet/Data isn’t working for apps or browser, but can place/receive calls and texts.
Edit: His is a samsung A32

Badge

That sounds miserable sorry to hear that. Pls let me know if you find a solution 

I am having the same issue STILL

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are these devices purchased from T-Mobile USA?  Are there data limits that are set in the settings to run off data after a certain amount of usage?  Are you domestically roaming?  Data use for domestic roaming might be very limited.  Northern VA and a lot of West Virginia have coverage where you roam on to US Cellular for service.  

A workaround, but not a fix. There’s a possibility it’s about 5G frequencies and service (on Samsung, vs other phones). But it appears to be 5G related.

For my son, we had him turn off 5g, and he reverted to LTE, and all was good for his needs. He plans to turn the 5G back on in a day or two, and if it stops working again, revert to LTE again.

On a Pixel, I continue(d) to have no issues with my data in the same area under 5G, so not entirely sure what’s going on (though I found community posts going back 2 years suggesting 5G ‘NR’ frequences were an intermittent issue back then).

Note: that line (that my son is on with his A32) has unlimited data. I don’t remember if we bought it through T-mobile or not, but it’s not an unsupported phone. Roaming is not currently happening (this is in Ashburn/Leesburg area of northern VA, and has direct t-mobile coverage both on the map, and according to the phone).

Stayed on the line with technical support for an hour before I gave up for the night, and gave an unvarnished feedback when they texted me about my support call the next day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it isn't purchased from T-Mobile.  It might not even be a USA device.  Different markets and even different carriers use different bands.  Bands more commonly used in Europe and Asia can vary greatly compared to what we use here.  

The s21's and s22's do have some issues under certain circumstances.  Those same issues do not exist in the s23 or s24 series.  The Engineering menu for bands can be accessed with *#73#, but this has to be enabled before it works.  If you don't know what those menues are for and do, then don't go in there.  They can render your device with no connectivity that even a factory reset or firmware flash won't fix.