Question

cell service

• 28 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

It’s been like this for a long time. It’s been difficult getting a signal in almost every house or facility or practically any place except for my home.  I have an iPhone XR . I have to rely on Wi-Fi alot , which at times , I don’t trust . What’s goin on with T-Mobile?

4 replies

Badge

Same here.  I come into the office (one story building) and no service.  It was like this two years ago with T-Mobile so I switched to Sprint and the problem was solved.  The DAY they merged a lot of us in the office with Sprint can no longer get service in our building.  For two years any of us could make calld and receive calls and texts and the day of the flip we lost service.  If we stand by the front door 14 steps away we’re fine.  Walk three steps in and no service, can’t text, can’t call, can’t get texts, no one can call our cells - it’s a TMobile issue obviously.  Now they just have to admit it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what exactly are they going to admit? that the TMO tower that covers you guys is just far enough away that as soon as you step indoors the signal has a hard time getting through said walls?

since its been the same way for 2+ years its safe to say theyre not adding a new tower..so your options would be to ask others in said building which carrier they go with and how their reception is then switching to one of them..or finding out if your work place has wifi and try connecting to it for wifi calling.

Badge

Yeah Fireguy...that’s how I ended up switching from T-Mobile to Sprint to years ago.  That’s what most had and sure enough - no problems with Sprint.  Now we all have problems.  I called TMobile and did the turn it off, wait, turn it on, update network settings, blah blah blah.  No change.  I just don’t get how Sprint was fine and TMobile isn’t now that it’s the same company.You’d think the service would improve, not worsen.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

because theyre not all stacked up on the same towers..just because you see a tower does not mean thats the one your carrier is using.. odds are the Sprint tower was closer compared to the TMO tower..as is TMO is still figuring out which Sprint towers will stay and be upgraded to TMO towers and which ones they’ll just let go.