Solved

Could not make any calls since this morning

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

This morning, I did software update. I tried calling someone and I got a notification “Your phone is not registered on a network, so you can only make emergency calls.”. I tried calling T-Mobile customer support, but this gave me the same notification. If relevant, my phone is android, I have not changed any settings and I have not downloaded any new apps for a relatively long time. (The last call I had was on March 13, and everything was fine then.)

Is anyone else having the same issue? 

Has anyone done the most recent software update, and is able to make calls now? 

Does anyone know what are the solutions to this issue? 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 20 March 2024, 18:30

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Actually, restarting the phone potentially resolved the issue… I will see how it goes later today and if I could make calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Even if an update doesn't require a restart.  A restart is always recommended.  How old is your SIM?  Sometimes an update might need to update software associated with the SIM or network connectivity.  

Badge +1

Thank you very much for letting me know, @syaoran . My SIM is about 7 years old.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you very much for letting me know, @syaoran . My SIM is about 7 years old.  

That might be worth replacing at your earliest chance.  7 years is a long time for a SIM to be used.