Question

Data Stopped Working - iPhone 13 Pro Max

• 10 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I recently migrated over to T-Mobile from Sprint earlier this week. Everything worked fine for a couple of days until yesterday. Now my phone will show full bars of 5GUC, 5G, or LTE but I can’t actually use any data (except for weirdly being able to use Google.com, T-Mobile.com/the app, and my iMessages send/receive).

I have no idea what’s going on…and neither does anyone at T-Mobile. I’ve been to the store…spoken with countless representatives over the phone…and I’ve even had an “engineer ticket” submitted. Nothing has worked. Not even for a moment. I’ve reset network settings, swapped from esim to a physical sim, I even did an iTunes restore today to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how’d you get it fixed (if there even is a fix)? If I honestly can’t get this resolved by this weekend…I’m going to have to just switch providers. I’m literally paying for Magenta Max just to call and text with it…it’s pointless and it honestly doesn’t feel like T-Mobile cares much about retaining me as a customer as even a representative on the phone told me I should just switch. 

6 replies

Same issue since buying the 13 pro max went to several stores and they all are clueless only can get internet via WiFi I’m a sprint carrier but did the swap but pay too if line premium and for what I can’t use anything finally got 1 rep to change my virtual esim to a card and phone now works but all pic texts say failed to send but everyone says they recieved but still no data unless on WiFi it’s been 2 months and everyone looks at me like I have 3 eyes or something and says idk and sends me on my way! Like really? Idk I feel like it’s cuz I’m sprint but did the T-Mobile swap but now I can only think maybe faulty phone has to be what else? So was hoping I wasn’t only one and that I could find someone with a fix myself so at least I could use my gps while driving in a my phone that I pay for as well as the data I pay for on. MY not so cheap plan I pay for! Ughh  

Badge

I feel like I have a related issue with a Samsung Galaxy 53 5G.

There are times when I have 4-5 Bars signal of 5G or LTE and the phone isn’t usable for any mode. Sometimes after restarting its does operate, sometimes not.

So I have had the 13 pro max for about 3 months. I first started noticing that I had to power down my phone then power it back on to get connected to the internet. Then it started switching from LTE to 5GUC about a month ago. And just over 24hrs ago, my phone suddenly stopped working period. Can't use any of my entertainment apps (Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube,etc...) without being connected via WiFi. I spent over an hour on the phone with a tech and they did a few things but problem still exists. I wiped my phone clean and started from scratch and still the problem exist. I was told to contact T-Mobile and have them set me up with an eSim. I was then told if that doesn't fix the issue, reach back out to apple and they would have me bring in the device for service. 🤔Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I personally think not enough people upgraded to the 14 and they are losing money and want people to upgrade to the newer device. The 13’s were being designed during chip issues during covid and maybe me and plenty of others received a bad phone

Badge

ConMobile

If possible first, I’d suggest going into a T-Mobile store and let their person give it a once-over.

They can verify that the handset has the latest APN (access point name(s)), which lets the phone know where to connect for data. They can test it in the store and give you an opinion you can rely on from the network side of things.  They can even test your SIM card or eSIM in a different device to troubleshoot if necessary.

Apple is supporting very old handsets, over 10 years.  They recently just quit supporting the very old 32-Bit phone processor versions. If they were trying to torpedo few year old phone models it would be on network news overnight...

5G UC is absolute garbage! This is not what I signed up for. I’m going to AT&T. Whoever thought of this needs to be fired. Whoever approved it also needs to be fired. As for me, I will vote with my wallet. I am getting less service for the same money. I can’t even use my phone hardly because of this. What makes T-mobile think they can shaft their customers like this? Leave T-mobile in droves, people. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I get less dropped calls, texts, FaceTime or call, text, and FaceTime failure on my phone indoors and outdoors in some areas but not that much because it depends which location I go to.