Question

G4AR / CEL-FI DUO+ really poor upload 15 day Trial

• 29 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Just got the unit and doing a lot of experimenting to improve service. Running it standalone and not interconnected to my existing Cable modem + Router which all work well. Both wired and wireless connection.  I believe TMO tower is rougly 1 mile away but we have lots of Trees in neighborhood.  Usually 3 bars on G4AR, and I noticed its directional changes.  The tower is generally West of my and I only have a few windows open to that direction. The house is mostly North/South.  I can get150-300+ dowmloads which is satisfactory. But uploads flop around between 2 and 5 and seem quite variable.

Years ago TMO sent me the CEL-FI signal booster which has an upstairs near window unit and a downstairs signal distribution uniit all designed for 4G. This was given be because of poor  indoor signal.  I’m wondering if the combination of that unit with teh G4AR in 5G and sometimes 5GUC signals cause upload interference.  I’ve tried them on and off and not sure I see changes but I can’t live with that upload switching from cable internet where I can reliabily get 10mbps up.

Thoughts?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Instead of this, id recommend looking into a good waveform antenna for the home Internet if you plan to use/keep it.  The NateTater site has a few different models.

I'm fortunate where I am, that download on g4se modem is 450-550 down indoors  /30-45 upload.  With the window open, 500-650down and 50-80 upload.

As a note, download is subject to prioritization, upload is more subject to SINR value (15 or higher is best), and RSRP , under 100dBm,   This goes for both LTE and 5g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11