Question

Gateway disconnects every day

• 11 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I've been having issues with my 5G gateway throwing an error code almost every day. CEL002 I believe. It goes away if I reset the gateway, but is a reoccurring issue.

8 replies

I've had their 5G gateway for a few months now and it was losing the signal and not reconnecting almost daily but never displayed any error codes. I finally called them and they logged into the device and could detect the down times but couldn't correlate it with any outages or issues. During that time they ran some sort of thorough diagnostics and it didn't have any more issues until tonight when it did lose connection and displayed the same cel002 error codes you mentioned and said to unplug for about 10 seconds. Well that's no good if you have to constantly reset your network gateway. TMO needs to get this issue resolved!

I was having wan002 code come up, even though i have signal. I followed instructions. power down for 10 seconds then turn on again.. now im getteng code CEL002]

dOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE ?

Badge

My gateway has disconnected several times over the past 2 weeks. I’ve spent untold hours on the phone with support. Reset password to wifi password on router it then worked. But they said they’ve had a lot of issues with the Sage(?) router so they sent me their new Arcadyan router 3 days ago. Worked fine and this morning while online it went down. Called support and spent another couple of hours on the phone and he said the router isn’t communicating with the tower. Router has all 5 signals and I’m only online now cause I connected with the ethernet. He said it’s still not showing it’s communicating with tower. He’s put in a ticket for engineering to look into why the wifi isn’t communicating with the tower. I now have to wait 3 days when he’s back at work if he doesn’t hear from engineering techs by 9 tonight?!  Good God! The first year we had t-mobile router there wasn’t one problem, now it’s a nightmare.

Badge

So I got everything working by switching to 2.4G instead of 5G.  Seems their 5G isn’t working where I am, which it had been for a couple of years.

I’m having the same issue and it’s more than once a day.

It also happens to me at the most inconvenient times when I’m on a work online meeting and the wifi will stop and throw me out of the meeting.

But I just got it so apparently have 2 weeks to keep my existing internet service if this keeps up.

Badge

Since I switched everything to 2.4 instead of 5 everything works, but, it all goes offline for about a minute powering up about 5 times a day.  Think it’s time to back to AT&T

I was having wan002 code come up, even though i have signal. I followed instructions. power down for 10 seconds then turn on again.. now im getteng code CEL002]

dOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE ?

have the same problem every day

I took had this problem and a code of "CEL002", that is the overheating code, so I took some low pressure compressed air and blew it softly, also if you don't have your home modem on a flat and hard surface, you might not get enough ventilation.

I have retested twice after cleaning mine, both tests 4 hours apart, all is going well