Solved

Global Access: Not receiving any notifications for texts or emails.

• 28 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am traveling in Europe and have not been receiving any app notifications.  I've tried powering down and restarting, looking at each app's notification settings - but I am not receiving any notifications 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 29 November 2022, 00:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you have roaming turned on in your devices settings?

Badge

I do have roaming on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you in an area where T-Mobile has a roaming partner?  What device are you using?  

Badge

I am in Barcelona, Spain. My phone works, but I am just not receiving notifications of texts, emails, etc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It must be extremely annoying (to say the least) not getting the notifications but seeing that everything seems to be connected as it should be, @Staziaw. Sounds like you are on the right track with restarting the phone and everything. I have a few ideas so let me ask you a couple questions. 

First, what phone are you using? That way we have an idea of the settings and steps to suggest. 

This one may sound really obvious, but I like to ask just in case: Did you check do not disturb? I turn it on while I am in the process of traveling (flying, driving, getting settled in the hotel, etc.) and sometimes forget to turn it off. 

This next one is usually easier to test with phone calls, but you may have noticed it on anything. When you get a “communication” (let’s say phone call), do you see the phone light up and the notification in the top of the screen and it just doesn’t ring. Or is it more like you look at your phone log and notice you have missed calls but nothing popped up on the screen and you didnt have the notification in your notification bar? 

Thanks for answering the questions. I am sure we can get to the bottom of it together. 

Badge

OMG you had the best suggestion!!!!!  It was the "do not disturb"!  I turned that off and a bunch of notifications came up right away.  I am ever so grateful!  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

OMG you had the best suggestion!!!!!  It was the "do not disturb"!  I turned that off and a bunch of notifications came up right away.  I am ever so grateful!  Thank you.

Doing my happy dance!!! So glad it is all working now and I hope you have a fantastic trip 😁