Question

Group texts not sending correctly or receiving at all on iPhone

• 25 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Switched to TMobile  5 days ago.  Was able to send and receive group texts until one day ago.  I’ve got a solid connection both LTE and Wifi and made no settings changes prior to onset of this issue.  Since onset of the issue, I’ve reset network settings and updated iOS operating system. 

On my side, when sending, it shows that I have sent to the group but each member is receiving it as a single message from me.  I am not receiving any messages from the group. Messaging to individuals is working fine.

5 replies

Badge

I suppose I should add this was originally a Verizon device (iPhone 11) - never had these issues.  Was briefly with Xfinity Mobile - never had these issues.

Badge

Cellular data ON, Roaming OFF, Hotspot ON, iMessage ON, Send&Receive - my phone number, Send as SMS ON, MMS Messaging ON, Group Messaging ON

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There's a lot of post like yours on this board, most of them we suggest turning off imessages and use a 3rd party sms app or go to apple support web page and see if the have an answer.

A lot of the posts on this board has been marked as answered but it's usually a mod posting a link the that mod marks it as answered.

I had this issue with a new line (iPhone) added to account; could not send/receive messages through the new line to/from other lines in the account -as a group- (individual 1:1 was ok). Spent time with t-mobile level-2 tech support and in the end turning off iMessage under iOS Messages option and then turning it on fixed the problem. Key is to turn iMessage off for a few minutes (I restarted the phone to be safer) and then turn it back on; not a quick on/off toggle. Good luck.    

I suffered through this for a week, so sharing this in the hopes of saving others this trouble. Call whoever your carrier is and ask them to reprovision your line. It will delete your voicemail, but the MMS will start working again