Question

Home 5G service

• 12 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

good service at times.  bad service at times.  no service at times.  5G gateway switches to a bad tower but shows good connection.  Tech support is not very helpful.  Tech support (east coast) before 0800 EDT connects to an overseas call center and they do very little.  Can’t escalate to the US.  Once connected to US call center, escalation is sketchy and still leaves you with your problem.  Closed circle of support.  Tech Support told me they do not have the ability to contact network engineering?

4 replies

When I first got service it was great compared to what I had. Now I only get a weak signal at best

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is summer time.  More people are out and using their devices.  The biggest impact on signal during the summer months, is the sheer amount of vegetation that isn’t as much of an issue during the winter months.  Trees are in full bloom, adding that extra layer to weaken cellular signal.  

Badge

Syaoran,  The problem is the tower I occasionally connect to.  I understand all you mention, trees are not an issue, but heavier than normal network conjestion can be.  Unlike a cell phone the gateway is stationary.  I have 3 towers to connect to.  I’ve been lucky to have a support guy tell me about the towers available and confirm which one I have problems with.  My big issue besides having spotty service, is tech support and knowing where my problem is, and not being able to escalate as I think I should for a positive solution.

Every time I call and get a support group outside the US the troubleshooting always is the same.  Power down,  relocate (I love this one) and then do a hard reset….  It’s getting old.  When I’m on the poor site, I get good signal strength, but when able to do a speed test, usual results are less than 5Mb.  When I’m on a good tower, i can get up to 150Mb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

good service at times.  bad service at times.  no service at times.  5G gateway switches to a bad tower but shows good connection.  Tech support is not very helpful.  Tech support (east coast) before 0800 EDT connects to an overseas call center and they do very little.  Can’t escalate to the US.  Once connected to US call center, escalation is sketchy and still leaves you with your problem.  Closed circle of support.  Tech Support told me they do not have the ability to contact network engineering?

Be glad, all I get is overseas.