Question

How get better coverage at home?

• 13 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Been living here for 14+ years and no network service (maybe 1 bar but not enough to make/receive calls/texts/data).  Wifi calling stinks and when power goes out (like last night) we are stuck in limbo.

I did complete some “network issue” form on Sprint website but nothing ever happens…… how do we get better coverage? 

I thought we would with T-Mobile but not….  and I use a 5G phone (set on auto)…. Samsung s20 Ultra but my iPhone 11 has same issues here.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does it now have the TMO SIM card in it or still the same one that was in it when Sprint was still up and going?

unfortunately anything they can send you would not really help in the scenario that power went out anyways..they either plug in to your outlet and attempt to boost signal or they are linked into your wifi/home net which again..power out and its useless.

Badge +1

They did swap out SIMs… no change ):

Jus really frustrated as it was in full evidence last night when we lost power.

Wifi calling issues can be Comcast I guess… but that type of calling seems to be of low quality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i use WFC (Wifi Calling) as soon as i get home until i leave again. but a lot of this will depend on where you have your modem set up and how well or not well it reaches each room you frequent while on calls.

for me its crystal clear.

you have roaming turned on correct? if they gave you the R115 sim card then technically you should be connecting to both Sprints and TMOs towers (also dependent on if the Sprint tower(s) nearest you is still up and going, being repaired/upgraded or just flat out removed. (this one only happens if there are enough other towers around it already overlapping the other towers.).

Badge +1

Thanks… it does seem wifi upstairs (away form modem) is sometimes not as strong (not sure why it would vary).

I may go to local store to ask them about the SIM they buy in.   I see newer towers nearby but unsure who they are…  How would I know what SIM i have…?

Roaming is always on too...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you remove the sim it’ll tell you which one it is on the label. dont think there is any way to pull it up under settings. just checked my LG V60 and couldnt find anything.

depending on what company you get your home net from you might see if they have those pucks you can put into other areas of your house to get signal to them..like mini boosters. then both upstairs and downstairs is covered.

Badge +1

if you remove the sim it’ll tell you which one it is on the label. dont think there is any way to pull it up under settings. just checked my LG V60 and couldnt find anything.

depending on what company you get your home net from you might see if they have those pucks you can put into other areas of your house to get signal to them..like mini boosters. then both upstairs and downstairs is covered.

Samsung S20 Ultra - the card says R15 (in pink with the T-Mobile logo next to it below some numbers)

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats the one...it was R15 or R115...lol. technically you should be pulling from both TMO and Sprint towers..however depending on which tower(s) were closest to you they might have pulled the Sprint one or they might be doing upgrades..which would be nice..