Solved

How long will the tower “maintenance” take?

• 15 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’m on day 37 of a supposed tower maintenance. I was originally told it would be completed in 2-72 hours, then up to a month, then 4-5 weeks, then 30 - 60 days, and the last time I was told they have no idea what I’m talking about because they don’t show any maintenance was made to the tower. This rep basically told me my coverage was terrible, not to expect it to get any better, and that I should consider changing service providers. Seriously???!!! It I am beyond frustrated with T-Mobile. Every time I call them I’m told something completely different. My mi-fi coverage was fine until 5/10/2023 and then it became almost unusable (1.80 Mbps). It has finally improved within the past week but now it drops several times a day.  I’m having to drive into work (an hour away) because I can’t trust the coverage to support my work VPN. Sadly, they are the only option we have in my area so I can’t cancel my coverage with them. How can they think this is acceptable service???

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 15 June 2023, 16:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it will all depend on how quickly they can get the parts they are needing. if they are doing a full upgrade and are lacking some parts it can take a pretty decent amount of time. parts delays and back orders are still a pretty big deal

Badge

Thank you fireguy!! I wish they would tell me that. I just want them to give me an honest “guesstimate” for when to expect this headache to be over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the down side is there will always be a huge disconnect between the workers on the actual tower to whomever they report to..to whoever THEY report to and up and up..

contact TMO through Facebook or Twitter..you start off with tier 2 support so they might have a better answer as to whats going on and how long.

Userlevel 1

it will all depend on how quickly they can get the parts they are needing. if they are doing a full upgrade and are lacking some parts it can take a pretty decent amount of time. parts delays and back orders are still a pretty big deal

The backlog on commercial radio equipment is worse now than ever.  Some parts are back-ordered for a year.  This is all radio manufacturers, not just affecting T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

oh i know..im a industrial mechanic..the majority of my days are trying to track down parts because theyre  back ordered lol. metals are still a bit of an issue right along with electronics and the materials they need..

I’m on day 37 of a supposed tower maintenance. I was originally told it would be completed in 2-72 hours, then up to a month, then 4-5 weeks, then 30 - 60 days, and the last time I was told they have no idea what I’m talking about because they don’t show any maintenance was made to the tower. This rep basically told me my coverage was terrible, not to expect it to get any better, and that I should consider changing service providers. Seriously???!!! It I am beyond frustrated with T-Mobile. Every time I call them I’m told something completely different. My mi-fi coverage was fine until 5/10/2023 and then it became almost unusable (1.80 Mbps). It has finally improved within the past week but now it drops several times a day.  I’m having to drive into work (an hour away) because I can’t trust the coverage to support my work VPN. Sadly, they are the only option we have in my area so I can’t cancel my coverage with them. How can they think this is an acceptable service???

I have been with Tmobile since 2012.  I’ve been at my current Job for 6 years. Last year my signal degraded along with everyone else only on Tmobile.  I called. My tickets were put in. They were very nice and tried to keep me up to date. week, months, I kept calling, they said they escalated it and it should be within the next couple of weeks.  Again the reps were really nice, but it’s a little over 1 year, and still no signal, in an office building.  Not just my device, the debugging is done. Believe me, it's the entire area on this network.  SOOO long winded rant to say, I hope your experience is better than mine.  I don’t want to change to Verizon or the other guy, that would be silly! Just fix the TOWER TMOBILE!  They put a skyscraper in the way. figure it out.  OH and because of the sensitive data I deal with at work our wifi restricts VoiP, so no calls, or texts on wifi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I’m on day 37 of a supposed tower maintenance. I was originally told it would be completed in 2-72 hours, then up to a month, then 4-5 weeks, then 30 - 60 days, and the last time I was told they have no idea what I’m talking about because they don’t show any maintenance was made to the tower. This rep basically told me my coverage was terrible, not to expect it to get any better, and that I should consider changing service providers. Seriously???!!! It I am beyond frustrated with T-Mobile. Every time I call them I’m told something completely different. My mi-fi coverage was fine until 5/10/2023 and then it became almost unusable (1.80 Mbps). It has finally improved within the past week but now it drops several times a day.  I’m having to drive into work (an hour away) because I can’t trust the coverage to support my work VPN. Sadly, they are the only option we have in my area so I can’t cancel my coverage with them. How can they think this is an acceptable service???

I have been with Tmobile since 2012.  I’ve been at my current Job for 6 years. Last year my signal degraded along with everyone else only on Tmobile.  I called. My tickets were put in. They were very nice and tried to keep me up to date. week, months, I kept calling, they said they escalated it and it should be within the next couple of weeks.  Again the reps were really nice, but it’s a little over 1 year, and still no signal, in an office building.  Not just my device, the debugging is done. Believe me, it's the entire area on this network.  SOOO long winded rant to say, I hope your experience is better than mine.  I don’t want to change to Verizon or the other guy, that would be silly! Just fix the TOWER TMOBILE!  They put a skyscraper in the way. figure it out.  OH and because of the sensitive data I deal with at work our wifi restricts VoiP, so no calls, or texts on wifi. 

as crazy as it sounds when i was helping on the Sprint site there was a guy that couldnt figure out why he would loose signal in the summer but fall and winter was fine.

leaves..leaves on trees were enough to start affecting his signal..when the leaves dropped he got signal back..he was just on the brink of signal so any small block would affect him..ended up being the trees lol.