Question

I was told by TMobile they have the largest coverage, what the hell i cant evan make a phone call

• 10 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I'm visiting friends in Washington state and the first 2 days I had no problems.  Yesterday and today, I can't make or receive calls, no texting, no internet.  What the heck am I paying for.  I am going back to AT&T they never hung me out like this. 

Also the 5g home internet sucks really bad.  Why would a company roll out 5g internet that doesn't work.  Why risk your name on something that's not running correctly. I guess they like negative responses from customers.

jLjames61

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That claim of best coverage is backed up by third party reports in the industry.  Are you sure there isn’t an issue with your device or your SIM?  If your device is older.  It might not support all of the bands needed to have service in newly upgraded areas.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any other TMO phones around you? and if yes are they working fine or also having issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

As a side note:  T-Mobile’s definition of ‘coverage’ isn’t exactly anything that would guarantee coverage (anywhere or at anytime).  

I’ve been to many places that show/claim 4G LTE/5G coverage, where no coverage exists.

I do have the TMobile home internet, and it works quite well for me - +400Mbps typically.  I’d recommend contacting T-Mobile as to why service is not working at your address.  Unfortunately, T-Mobile has adopted the ‘carrier’ map strategy of AT&T/Verizon which just shows no-service/service/faster service  vs. no-service/poor service/service.  There is a huge issue typically in fringe areas where walking behind a tree / building / car will cause service to drop.  Eg.  At +10 miles, on midband, clear line of site gives usable service.  Walking past a large tree ends up with ‘No Service’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

also for what its worth i dont think any carrier out there will answer that question with a “eh..ouR coverage is ok i guess” lol..they’ll all claim to have the best coverage..it’ll boil down to the areas you frequent and the coverage there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All carriers combined don't even come close to covering the entire lower 48, let alone the entire coumtry.