Question

Inseego FX3100 5G and MIMO, 3G/4G/5G Antenna (6000451) Omnidirectional MIMO by Netgear

• 8 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Wondering if anyone has tried this Netgear antenna to connect to the Inseego FX3100?  Just looking for extra signal for N41. Right now I have RSRQ (0), RSRP (-99), SINR (11) on Band n41. Tmobile connection quality is listed at 4 bars (Very Good).  Last Speed Test Download (150 Mbps), Upload (35.7 Mbps)

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hmm.. not sure, but that's not all that great for the signal.  Might be congested.   With similar,  and often worse signal, im pushing 400Mbps typically on Arcadyan kv21

Badge

Those speeds and signal numbers I listed were off my current home internet on an Arcadyan KV21 also on the N41 Band

Under the b66, I have CGI (10), RSSI (-84), RSRQ (-8), RSRP (-93), SINR (15) and speeds are download (175Mbps), Upload (38.3 Mbps).

The Inseego FX3100 is showing up today and it has an external antenna connection so I thought I would give it a try for the N41 signal to get better. 

I just returned a Cradlepoint E320 from Tmobile because it was too expensive to have to use the NetCloud Servicing that Tmobile has set it up with and no one at Tmobile could help me with it when I was doing configurations.

I’d love to try, how did you get ahold of a fx3100? I’m being shipped the Nokia 

Badge

I just told my Tmobile for Business Rep that I needed a router that had the ability for an external connection and they you need to tell them what products they have to help them.  It took awhile on the phone to work things out. The first one I got was the Cradlepoint Router 320 but the extra expense for the cloud monitoring and the confusion between Cradlepoint and Tmobile made it impossible to make changes to some settings.  Inseego fx3100 was available too, so I asked them to switch out and they did.

Good Luck

I appreciate it, my rep responded already and is looking into it!

I have the fx3100 coming in and already have 4x yagi on the roof, so I’m loooing forward to this. Fwiw using the trash can with double nat, then connecting to a ipv4 vpn stacks too many traversal layers and a speed test won’t complete. I can’t wait to get this model (ts9->sma connectors) in internet pass through with a static ip, and put my rural mobile ISP anxiety to rest. 

for those that had the cradlepoint, does t-mobile provide the netcloud subscription? I heard something about $3/mo, which isn’t bad, otherwise if it’s cradlepoint direct, i believe it’s more than most want to pay unless you need the enterprise scalability and operational control.

I have the fx3100 now, with the latest update, there is a checkbox to allow all band over antenna! Lastly, my static ip, i insisted on a Chicago based static ip, but they can only get Pennsylvania to work. Latency 45-80ms.

the gateway offered a update when I had logged in.

I will continue to work with them to get the ip based out of Chicago because it’s so much closer to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Those speeds and signal numbers I listed were off my current home internet on an Arcadyan KV21 also on the N41 Band

Under the b66, I have CGI (10), RSSI (-84), RSRQ (-8), RSRP (-93), SINR (15) and speeds are download (175Mbps), Upload (38.3 Mbps).

The Inseego FX3100 is showing up today and it has an external antenna connection so I thought I would give it a try for the N41 signal to get better. 

I just returned a Cradlepoint E320 from Tmobile because it was too expensive to have to use the NetCloud Servicing that Tmobile has set it up with and no one at Tmobile could help me with it when I was doing configurations.

TBH, that signal is probably considered ‘very good’ using your Arcadyan device. 

I have ‘very good’ listed as:

4g LTE CQI 8,  RSSI -92,  RSRQ -8,  RSRP -99 and SINR 20

5G n41 RSRQ -4,  RSRP -107, SINR 9

speed ~=400Mbps/25Mbps

Since this service is deprioritized, its possible that much of what you’re seeing is a result of that.  Under ‘very good’ when I have window open, I’ll hit closer to 500MBps/60Mbps, and at times (middle of the night) past 600Mbps/75Mbps.  The site I’m connected to doesn’t really go beyond 700Mbps (1GBps ports?)

I have the fx3100 now, with the latest update, there is a checkbox to allow all band over antenna! Lastly, my static ip, i insisted on a Chicago based static ip, but they can only get Pennsylvania to work. Latency 45-80ms.

the gateway offered a update when I had logged in.

I will continue to work with them to get the ip based out of Chicago because it’s so much closer to me.

I have the fx3100 as well and I’m based in Chicago.  May I ask what version your box is at?  I have a static IP they say is from Chicago, but geolocation thinks I’m in Dallas