Solved

iPhone 14 Pro Max Sudden Edge Connection

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

So today about 30 min ago my iPhone randomly switched to E (Edge) connection and its never done this while here at my work place.  I rebooted the phone and it went back to 5GUC, but shortly after reverted back to Edge.  Is something going on with the network today?  Because nothing has changed in my daily routine here at work so can't pinpoint what could be causing this.  I think I should try to Reset Connection Settings in my iPhone but don’t wanna loose all my WiFi passwords :/

icon

Best answer by matrixnubee 8 March 2023, 19:40

View original

5 replies

Badge

I just switched off my cellular data within settings and turned it back on, and it went back to 5GUC, so lets see how long it lasts this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

could be either a network issue or sim card issue. if its only really happening in one spot or location then its probably location based and points at the tower you are connecting to.

Badge

could be either a network issue or sim card issue. if its only really happening in one spot or location then its probably location based and points at the tower you are connecting to.

Yeah this makes the most sense.  Seems like my phone has gone back to 5GUC and is working good now.  Very strange as I have not seen Edge in a very very long time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so whichever tower you were connecting to might have had an issue and punted you to the next out tower which might have been a bit to far for your phone to fully pick up. not unheard of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I recently had EDGE while T-Mobile was rebuilding (moving) panels on the Sprint/T-Mobile site, and removed 2/3 of the panels to be replaced with the newer ones for 5G.

EDGE will go away in ~1 year, if not sooner.