Question

Is A003SH, Aquos Sense 4 Basic compatible with T-Mobile?

• 21 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am a PhD student in Japan and I will be in the USA in March. Therefore, I would like to use my phone with an T-Mobile sim card for temporary purposes (especially for internet connection, call is not necessary) during my trip to the US. However, I would like to know if my phone compatibility with the T-Mobile sim card network. In addition, my phone company told me the phone is a domestic phone based in Japan. We converted it to sim free. I am looking forward to your reply.

Here are the specifications:

Brand Sharp
Sharp Smartphones
Model name Aquos Sense4 Basic
Other names A003SH, Aquos Sense 4 Basic
Standard GSM, UMTS, LTE

hide

GSM frequencies 850 900 1800 1900
Standard UMTS 850 900 1900 2100
Standard LTE FDD LTE: 2100, 1800, 900, 850, 800, 700
TDD LTE: 2500, 1900

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No, this device will more than likely not work on T-Mobile USA.  It is a device primarily aimed at the Asian market.   It has a couple of bands T-Mobile does use in select locations, but Asian implementations of VoLTE are not compatible with T-Mobiles.  No VoLTE, no calling functions would work.  

Badge

@syaoran , Thanks for your reply, it is very useful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you have he IMEI of any other devices you can use this link to check to see if its able to be used on the TMO network or not.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/bring-your-own-device-byod-guide#heading2

Badge

if you have he IMEI of any other devices you can use this link to check to see if its able to be used on the TMO network or not.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/bring-your-own-device-byod-guide#heading2

Appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries..the site here has a decent amount of tools to use….that link i provided as well as one showing what all bands TMO uses..biggest one will be if the phone has VoLTE (Voice over LTE) or not..if it doesnt they wont allow it on their network anymore.