Solved

Is my phone using T-Mobile or AT&T?

• 4 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have T-Mobile for internet (with the Arcadyan gateway) and my phone uses AT&T. Lately internet on the phone has been extremely slow, many times I try loading a page and get nothing. If I go back and try again it’ll usually load. Speed on my desktop is quite a bit faster than the phone. The phone is a Motorola android version 11. I regularly shut the phone and gateway down and restart, but it doesn’t help.

I’m confused as to whether my phone is using T-Mobile or AT&T for internet, so I’m not sure where to start researching the problem. I have wi-fi calling off as it was causing problems with calls (lots of static, couldn’t hear them, they couldn’t hear me). Also if it makes a difference the network types I have to chose from are LTE, 3G and 2G (I know, not great...). It’s been on LTE all along - when I tried switching to 3G I lost internet altogether on the phone. Mostly I need to know which company is providing internet on my phone. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 4 July 2023, 06:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Download Speedtest from the app store and run it and it will let you know what network you're connected to.

Badge

That was too simple, I’d run Ookla speed test on both but didn’t pay attention to where it said it was running on the phone. Turns out internet on the desktop is T-Mobile, and the phone is AT&T. I thought both would be T-Mobile since they took the phone and messed with it when I signed up, I was wrong. So now I know where to start looking for the problem. Thank you! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If your phone is using data.  It is connected to AT&T.  If your phone is on WiFi, then you will be connected to the internet through your TMHI.  

Badge

My phone does use data, but I’m curious, what is TMHI?

Badge

Syaoran, I just figured out what TMHI is, it’s early and my brain is just kicking in.