Question

Is there a way to find out how long a "tower upgrade" is supposed to take?

• 14 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I switched to T-mobile on July 28th and I am on the magenta max plan.  I use my phone to tether in order to game.  The first night I had it at my house it worked fine, and then the latency went to unplayable the next evening.  I have been told for more than a month now that this is caused by a tower being upgraded in my area.  I have called T-mobil’s support several times now and they can’t give me any idea when usable service is supposed to be restored(just tried again tonight and the latency spiked to unusable as soon as a boss was pulled), even when escalating me to a “network expert”.  Most of the people I talked to didn’t even seem to know what latency was, much less how to diagnose a problem with it.  Is there some team at the company that I can actually get ahold of that is able to give me real information about the problem?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Good luck!  I can’t give you an answer to how long it will take but I’ve heard everything from “we’re waiting on the equipment” to “soon”

What I do know is that the online coverage maps are weeks to months behind the upgrades.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately no..the ones doing the actual upgrades are not in direct contact with anyone you would  end up speaking to..as is theyre also not the best at putting in daily reports of their progress to whomever theyre supposed to report to..

Sounds like a class action waiting to happen.  Sad to see a NW company so hollowed out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sounds like a class action waiting to happen.  Sad to see a NW company so hollowed out. 

out of curiosity which carrier has all their network repairs posted so everyone knows exactly when things will be fixed? or when you call then up and tell you when it’ll be taken care of?

I called and asked about it and they hung up on me and now I have no internet at home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact them via Facebook or Twitter..paper trail so to speak with whatever yall talk about plus a higher tier support starting off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I agree that you’d need to get a ‘higher up’ .  It is difficult to get a good answer on some of these.

Many do not know until a site is ready to go live (i.e. shows up in their ‘system’).  I’ve gone through this a handful of times with many reps.  You’d have to get to ‘Engineering’ teams, and T-Mobile doesn’t have direct info through those teams.

This comes down to the old school ‘need to know’ results.  Support does not have a ‘need to know’ where planning / engineering is deploying towers.