Just about done with Tmobile

• 31 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Im so done with Tmobile!! Ive been with them for at least 10 yrs and the last probably 4 years ive had issues with texts not being sent or received. this has happened on 2 different phones. ive used different messaging apps. ive reset my phones. ive been on the phone with tech support numerous times with no help. who knows how many texts ive missed from people. sometimes i will send a pic along with a message and only the message is received. my mother thinks im ignorning her or worse, something has happened to me because i wont get any of her messages UNTIL i text her. its like it resets the lines. all will be fine for a couple weeks then it starts all over again. i dont have any issues with people who have iphones (i have the Samsung ZFold4, previously had the Note8) and as far as i know, it only happens with certain people (however i didnt receive any of the texts walmart sent about a delivery arriving). It really sucks that after all this nobody can figure it out because switching carriers is the last thing i want to do!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

replace out the sim card perhaps?

I am having the same issue, just don’t get my voicemails or texts until like 12 hours later.  I complained a couple months ago, and they said they fixed their tower issue but it’s still happening.  I have been a customer for 12-15 years and never had it happen until recently, maybe the switch or upgrade to 5g is screwing with service?  

Thanks to the other person for recommending possibly swapping the SIM, I will try that, no one else has suggested it, least of all their own Customer Service…

Calling their customer service and tech support has been SO PAINFUL it as upsetting as the late voicemails and late messages. I wish they answered the calls in Bellevue WA like they used to...wherever country they are outsourcing their customer support to is the most annoying ever.  The CSA reps repeat back to you everything you say, ask questions that don’t make sense, and then repeat what they are going to do for you about 3-5 times before they actually do it.  I don’t know if they are literally stretching out the call to not have to take as many calls on the switchboard? Literally had to tell the first girl three times what the problem was with not receiving my voicemails and texts on time, then she had to tell me at least 3-4 times that she was giving me a credit for $50 and transferring me to tech support before she did it.

I know working customer service is a hard job but the length of time it took me to make a complaint about this was 30+ minutes, every single time I have called, resulting in a total of about 3 hours with support to no resolution.  After I tranfserred to tech support, the same “repeating” happened. I finally had to the tell the CSA “can you just email me whatever tech support instructions that I need to do? I have a job interview in 10 minutes so I need to go, and I can’t interrupt my wifi to reset my phone right now. I will complete the instructions as soon as I can to see if it helps.”  Ten minutes later we are still on the phone while he asks me every question under the sun such as “where were you when you noticed you weren’t getting your voicemails?” which makes no sense as they just randomly show up 12 hours later, so how would I know where I was if I missed the call?? I finally just hung up on him as he was repeating again for the 10th time that he was sending me a tech support instruction to complete. 

Unreal waste of time for your customers.  Please spend half as much time on T-Mobile Tuesday deals which aren’t that great anyway and get some decent CSAs like you used to have. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

out of curiosity was your phone with another carrier prior to joining TMO. this is noticed the most with accounts that were transferred from another carrier.

also for what its worth contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.

No I ordered this phone through T-Mobile and all my phones previously when i did not have this issue were all straight from T Mobile. My neighbor just joined and is having the issue so her phone was from another carrier.  Do you have any other ideas beyond restarting the phone, turning the wifi off and on and upgrading to the latest version of the software? i have done all those things and no luck - just got another 12 hour delayed voicemail yesterday. I will get another SIM today at the store.

I often miss texts and calls from certain people. I’ll have to ask them which carrier they use. They have to send me a messenger message on Facebook to call them. It is very frustrating. I’ve tried support on phone and in three stores with no real success in the past 10 months. Last idea was to switch my e-SIM with a physical SIM which I think help a bit, but found out I missed several important calls last weekend. Never had this issue with other carriers. I received an $800 credit when I joined Tmobile but after a year of paying they tell me I still owe $600. I’m thinking of going to Verizon (they will pay off the balance) which makes sense as T-Mobile isn’t any cheaper anymore.