Question

LG Velvet BAD DATA Signal/T-Mobile No Help

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Back at the beginning of this year I took an LG Velvet down to the T-mobile store because it would not receive calls or make calls, would not connect to websites or apps, nothing would connect. I was told that this phone was reported to have these “Known Issues” and they promptly warranty exchanged the phone.

Round Two. The second LG Velvet I had purchased just started this same thing in the last week and so I took it down to the store expecting the same helpful experience, to my dismay this was far from the case. I was told right away that there was probably nothing they could do to help me with the phone. After pulling up the phone I was told that it was out of warranty and they couldn’t do anything unfortunately. When I referred them back to what happened to the first one they said ‘Well the unfortunate thing is that LG stopped supporting their phones so we don’t support them either”. I mentioned that I asked them “if this happened to my other Velvet what I should do?” and they said “just bring it down and we will replace it because it is “A Known Issue”. With which they replied, “Yes it is unfortunate but because LG doesn't support their phones and you are out of warranty, there is nothing we can do”. I later contacted Online support and they told me to take it to a 3rd party store and get it fixed, then come back and trade it in… 

When I started having these Problems on this second Velvet I bought, it was on Android 11. After upgrading to Android 12 it is no different. Sometimes I see 5G but it only gets 4G speeds most other times it just shows 2G or nothing. I now have a defective Wi-Fi device that I am still paying on for the next 6 months and according to T-Mobile Thats That… Bad experience that I can’t seem to see the “this is the right way to treat a customer” side of… At what point was any of this my fault? Why should I be losing out because they are no longer supporting a device they sold to me?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I had the LG Velvet for a while.  it was a decent device, however it had a few flaws.  LG did not enable n71 SA (only n71 NSA), and I'm not sure if it even supported n41.  As a result I exchanged mine (northern MI had many sites that could only run 5g SA, as TMobile didn't have enough  midband lte spectrum).  On another note… LG shut down its wireless business.