Question

Loss of Cellular data for apps

• 23 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Anyone else having issues with no celluar data for Apps? Spent over 8 hours on the phone between T-Mobile and Apple and 2 hours in the store.  Changed SIM cards and still no resolution.  Strange thing is when the SIM was moved to another working phone, the working phone would also no longer work.  However if the working phone SIM was added to the non-working phone it worked perfect.  Replaced SIM 2x and also did ESIM - still unable to resolve the issue.  Issue in on Iphone 12 however while at the store 3 others came in … all with phones Iphone 12 or older.  So annoying!!!  Please need a resolution, we have tried everything from resetting the network and the phone itself, T-Mobile even suspened the line and restored it and still no resolution.

8 replies

We have same issue with an iPhone XR and after couple of hours on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple they were unable to resolve. We tried all the troubleshooting steps, sim swaps and even full factory reset/restore to no avail. Unfortunately we don’t have line of sight on resolution but reopened a case with Apple. The T-Mobile people we talked to at our local T-Mobile store noted several others have been in over last few days with similar issues that have stumped them. They mentioned one of these individuals even upgraded to a new phone and the problem reoccurred couple days later. I have to wonder if the turn-up of 5g last week could have some relationship- that’s the only thing I can think that changed about the time this started to effect us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

have either of you tried turning 5G off and running off 4G instead to see if things improve? and are there any other 5G phones around you that are not the same phones? and are they seeing the same problem or no?

Same thing going on here. I hope they find they issue.

I have both my kids complaining the same issues as above Gmail and apps data is not working when off of wifi. These problems have started two weeks back and I will try to spend a few hours with Tmobile support to try to resolve this - like most folks on this thread I have tried restart, reset and nothing seems to be working.

Can someone outline exact steps to turn off 5G? I have a 4G phone where i don't see these issues its happening on the 5G phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have both my kids complaining the same issues as above Gmail and apps data is not working when off of wifi. These problems have started two weeks back and I will try to spend a few hours with Tmobile support to try to resolve this - like most folks on this thread I have tried restart, reset and nothing seems to be working.

Can someone outline exact steps to turn off 5G? I have a 4G phone where i don't see these issues its happening on the 5G phones.

depends on which phones they have..but should be in settings and something to do with either network or data.

Anybody find the problem yet?  We have been told at the store after all the attempts to fix this that it must be the phone.  So we traded for a refurb phone with our tmo insurance and it does the same thing.  We did add an apple watch to the phone at Christmas.  Have any others done that?

Solution: 

I had the same problem; going to the cell settings, cell data options, and changing the data mode from more to standard helps solve the problem (you can change it back later). Additionally toying with the roaming on and off and allowing and disallowing data usage by certain apps may help with that. The solution isn’t logical; but doing this combination of things worked in my situation. 

Badge

What was the solution to the issue??? Two years later and experiencing the same! Help!