Question

MCAFEE VPN on t mobile

• 15 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Does anyone have any problems using McCaffey VPN on T-Mobile‘s net work

7 replies

I’m having the same issue. The VPN no longer works with T-Mobile data. If I’m on Wi-Fi. It works fine. Turn off Wi-Fi cut off all data. This is really annoying. I’m so fed up with this company.

I have. That is the only way I can get it to reconnect to the internet. I have tried removing the app and reloading it. I have tried loading the specific McAfee for T-Mobile app. Nothing makes it work properly. When the app is loaded you cannot turn it off. It goes to off for a second and then turns itself back on. Cycling it like this will allow the phone to reconnect most of the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you considered disabling your VPN to see if it is an issue with the VPN itself?  

I had McAfee VPN on an iPhone with AT&T for several years with no issue. I also have McAfee VPN currently running on my laptop with the same T-Mobile Internet service without an issue. Why is this a problem now that I have gone to T-Mobile for iPhone service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

VPN traffic can and usually is heavily throttled.  VPN's can potentially interfere with VoLTE and VoWiFi working properly.

I am having the same problem and the local store techs indicated this is a common issue. 

Yes, when using the mcafee security VPN I cannot access anything that uses the internet using 5g or LTE