Question

MCAFEE VPN on t mobile

• 15 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Does anyone have any problems using McCaffey VPN on T-Mobile‘s net work

7 replies

Yes, when using the mcafee security VPN I cannot access anything that uses the internet using 5g or LTE

I am having the same problem and the local store techs indicated this is a common issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

VPN traffic can and usually is heavily throttled.  VPN's can potentially interfere with VoLTE and VoWiFi working properly.

I had McAfee VPN on an iPhone with AT&T for several years with no issue. I also have McAfee VPN currently running on my laptop with the same T-Mobile Internet service without an issue. Why is this a problem now that I have gone to T-Mobile for iPhone service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you considered disabling your VPN to see if it is an issue with the VPN itself?  

I have. That is the only way I can get it to reconnect to the internet. I have tried removing the app and reloading it. I have tried loading the specific McAfee for T-Mobile app. Nothing makes it work properly. When the app is loaded you cannot turn it off. It goes to off for a second and then turns itself back on. Cycling it like this will allow the phone to reconnect most of the time. 

I’m having the same issue. The VPN no longer works with T-Mobile data. If I’m on Wi-Fi. It works fine. Turn off Wi-Fi cut off all data. This is really annoying. I’m so fed up with this company.