Question

Moved to Verizon with my LGV60 phone, probably worst decision ever.

• 7 February 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge

I switched a couple of days ago to T-Mobile from Verizon and brought my device.

Phone Model: LG V60 ThinQ 5GUW (LM-V600VM)

I was assured by the sales person and the website device compatibility check I should get 4G and 5G (but maybe not UC which is understandable).  SUPRISE! I am now stuck on 3G and “E”. After calling support I was pretty much suggested I should have researched “possible” band incompatibility issues and not to expect full compatibility. Weird thing is when I restart my phone, toggle off/on airplane mode I get 5G for about 45 seconds and 5G speeds. I absolutely love this phone and any current phone model you have I fee is a downgrade and definitely not worth the monthly financing and down payment required, in my opinion based on research.

Troubleshooting steps already taken and possible critical details:

• Manually configured APN settings.
  • Rebooted phone.
  • Tried all modes of service/network types. It is currently on Global, but I seem to only have a constant 5G connection when network type is CDMA/LTE - however I cannot make any calls in this mode.
  • Swapped SIM cards for a new one.
  • Reset Network Settings on the device.
  • Have confirmed this phone with Verizon can go up to 999mbps under the 5GUW service.

Instead of going in circles with troubleshooting, there has to be someone in this big giant company that can simply tell me this phone is not compatible for XYZ reason, and would be nice if you red flag it for anyone else who can get caught up in my situation.

11 replies

Badge

Sorry I realized the title was incorrect. I meant to state I moved FROM Verizon TO T-Mobile. I am currently a new T-Mobile Customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its either gotta be your APN settings or the sim card..im running a V60 that was pulled over from Sprint to TMO perfectly fine..well minus today..network issues near my work place apparently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

also which sim card did they give you to put into the phone? R15?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Moved to Verizon with my LGV60 phone, probably worst decision ever.

Sorry I realized the title was incorrect. I meant to state I moved FROM Verizon TO T-Mobile. I am currently a new T-Mobile Customer.

Thought this was going to be a rare positive thread about T-Mobile, but guess I was fooled.

Badge

I'm done with t- mobile. 

Horrible service. 

I don't receive texts or calls 1/2 the time. Garbage cell service. Shouldn't be in business. 

Badge

also which sim card did they give you to put into the phone? R15?

Im on my 3rd sim Card. My previous Sim was used on another customer’s TMobile phone and it seem to work ok. They are were and it currently is an R15.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ok so that part is good. the R15 is the one it needs..

So what you have to do is call Tmobile and ask to speak with tech support. Tell them the following:

-checked imei with tmobile byod site before switching over; site should show full compatibility 

-swapped sim card

-reset network settings

-factory reset phone

-tell user bands it is connecting to (download lte discovery app)

Mention the local store couldn't fix

Mention insurance said they can't assist since the issue is internal

Online chat support can't fix

Ask to have them send you a tmobile version of this phone. 

I followed the steps above and now have a tmobile version of this phone. I provide these steps so no one else has to do what I did. 

I left at&t I’m regretting my choice t-mobile is the worst company changing bill every month  for no reason. Time to sue this company

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile's (Sprint's) CDMA network is being retired.  Calling requires compatible VoLTE with T-Mobile's (Google's stock implementation).  LG hasn't even made phones in years now and left the smartphone business because of their terrible performance in it.  XDA's forum might offer something that I am not aware off off hand to help keep the V60 working.  However, flashing to T-Mobile firmware on an LG device will hard brick it due to T-Mobile's firmware and ROM using a different RSA Key.

I also just moved to T-Mobil from Verizon. The reason for my move was that I upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S22 Ultra and afterward had no service without wifi at home. My older phone, Galaxy S10+ didn't have that issue.  T-Mobiles coverage map showed 5g service at my home and a representative promised I would have service both inside and outside. My phone is supposed to be completely compatible on both networks but will not connect. Very frustrating.