Solved

Network Coverage after "Cell Tower Work"

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We’ve only had T-Mobile since the start of the year, but our cell and 5G home internet service was better than most other companies in the area.  We consistently had 2-3 bars of 5G at all times.  A few months ago we got the text that there was cell tower work being done in our area.  Fast forward a week and we got notice that work was complete.  From that point on our service will be at the normal 2-3 bars of 5G, but every 5-10 minutes (sometimes more often, sometimes less often) the service will drop to 1 bar of LTE.  This is enough that it will drop any call, and our internet will drop out without question for 2-3 minutes of time.  I have reset the network settings on our phone, as well as the 5G gateway.  Being that this started after tower work I am wanting to know if there is a way to get engineers out to check the service in our area or to file a complaint, etc.   I am beginning to regret switching everything from ATT now. 

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 13 July 2023, 20:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d recommend calling T-Mobile and requesting info for ‘Home Internet’ department.

This sounds like either a hardware issue (timing is suspect to tower), 

I’d recommend checking the ‘stats’ on your device.  Use the T-Mobile app.  You may be able to find a better location (i.e. I can get from 2 bars to 4 bars depending on location and rotation).

@GravityKillsYou  - I am completely sympathize with you.  I have been experiencing same “intermitten (but very frequent)” unrealiability.  And prior to switching to T-Moile...had AT&T for 5+ years and had never such issue.   I am also regretting my switch from ATT…. :-(

Badge

The first couple months it was bulletproof reliable and actually much much better than ATT in our area.  Only after the tower work has it done this.  I can take my cell phone and move around our property and it is the same thing everywhere.  I’ve checked my wife’s phone as well and it does the same exact thing - frustrating to say the least.