Solved

New Phone Won't Load Anything Outside of Home

• 29 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge

I recently got a new phone and I’ve noticed issues when it comes to trying to do anything when I’m not connected to home Wifi. I have unlimited data and 5G network, but whenever I try to search anything or use any sort of app when I’m not home, nothing loads. I’ve tried turning Wifi on and off again and resetting network connections. It’s not an issue of whether the coverage in my area is poor because my old phone worked perfectly fine wherever I was and everything loaded. What’s even more frustrating is that when I come back home after being out for the day I have to power my phone off and on again to get everything to connect. My new phone is an iPhone 13 if that is helpful. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 29 September 2022, 02:18

View original

12 replies

Did you activate the eSIM in the iPhone 13 or put in a physical SIM?

Badge

When I got it I didn’t have to put a physical SIM card in so I would assume I activated the eSIM

Did you call in or go online and update the eSIM? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

eSIM’s doing come pre-installed on a device.  Did you setup an eSIM through this method?  

SIM card & eSIM | T-Mobile Support

Badge

I don’t really understand what you mean by that. When I recieved it, I just transferred all my data from my old iPhone to my new iPhone via iCloud (it gave me temporary free iCloud so I could do it) but I did nothing regarding the SIM card. My old phone was an SE 2020 so it had a physical SIM card and not an eSIM so eSIM is new to me… I don’t really understand the difference between the two.

Badge

@syaoran I will try that since I didn’t set up an eSIM when i got the phone.

Badge

@syaoran when I scanned the qr code it said that the code expired. IDK what that means but when I went to settings I found where I could add an eSIM. When I try to it asks if I want to transfer data from a phone. The problem is I already wiped my old phone so I don’t have anything to transfer. Am I doing it right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You could always remove your physical SIM from your old device and put it in the new one.  Otherwise, you should be able to convert the old PSIM to an ESIM in your my.t-mobile.com account.

Badge

So I already wiped my data from my old iPhone… would putting that SIM card in change anything on my new iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Wiping the old phone doesn't affect the physical SIM in it.  You can take that out of the old phone and put it in your new phone, unless you have an iPhone 14.  

Badge

I am on the line with a TMobile and she said that my SIM/eSIM is activated 

Badge

@syaoran ok thank you I will try that! The TMobile person doesn’t really seem to understand my issue so if it’s not solved once I’m off the phone call I will put the old SIM card in.