Question

No 5G connection on internet gateway

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I've recently noticed that my Internet gateway is not getting a 5g signal. The Advanced Cellular Metrics show nothing for 5g and band b12 for LTE. My connection has been significantly slower for the past few months. I've already tried resetting the gateway and verifying the position of the gateway and it still produces the same result. Any ideas how to get better speeds? 1 to 12 mbps isn't cutting it. I was expecting better than this.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Direction tool will only help you determine which direction your tower is in.  I’d recommend a few things:

If the tool helps you determine where the tower is (or you know where it is), use Google Maps/Google Earth to try and determine what is between your gateway and the tower.  Trees, buildings and items in your home can block signal.  If you have an android phone, cellmapper can ‘draw a line’ between your phone and the cell tower with satellite images.

Next, rotation the the device itself.  I had an Arcadyan KVD-21 and I had to have the tower at ~3 o’clock.  I’ve exchanged for a Arcadyan G4SE, and the tower is expected to be at 6 o’clock. 

Noting this .. if you have a T-Mobile phone, does it get better or worse performance in your home ?

If its better, see if you can exchange for a different unit like the G4AR/SE which support external antenna.  The Nater Tater youtube channel has info on the various models, and antenna.