Solved

No Connection needs reboot

• 11 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have had t-mobile home internet for almost a year and it has been great.  I constantly have 3 bars and it performs well.  However, about a month ago, at least 2 times per day the modem will say no connection and i’ve lost all internet connectivity.  when i reboot the modem, the connection is restored.  But then a few hours later it will happen again.  Obviously it is a problem with the modem and not the t-mobile towers or signal because upon reboot it works again.  Any suggestions?  Based on the app and the multiple reboots it seems the firmware is up to date.

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 11 February 2024, 04:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What model of gateway do you have?  Some have had issues with overheating. I personally haven't had this issue, and ibhave the Arcadyan kv21

This has been happening to my cell phone for a week now. I won't be able to connect to Internet if I am off wifi. I just get exclamation point where my signal strength should be. I couldn't call a landline last night either. I have to restart my phone. Sometimes more than once and then it connects. This has been various places around city where I normally have signal. Not sure it is just their home Internet that is broken. 

Same here. Weak signal or no signal at any time of day. Reboot 2 or more times a day and restart my phone. Very disappointed. We switched from Verizon last fall and all was good until 2 months ago. Then service dropped dramatically.