Question

No Service

Badge

Why are we in day 2 with no service and no explanation?!?!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Where are you located?

Badge

Lancaster, TX

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

other than attempting it here...have you contacted TMO to see whats going on with the network?

and is the problem only in one place or does the problem follow you for more than say 5 miles in any direction?

Badge

I did. I have been in contact with them many times. They don't have an ETA, don't know the reason the towers are down, but they are pleased to say they have gotten it down from 28K to only 16K without service!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try turning your device off for a minimum of 5 minutes to allow it to refresh itself on the network.  While doing that, you might want to remove the SIM and clean the contacts.  Have you tried manually searching for the network and selecting T-Mobile, if it shows up?  

We are in Northwest GA and have also been without cell service for 2 days. Was told there were no issues with our tower, but they would put a ticket in to Engineering. Said it could take 72 hours to hear back from them. Does anyone know if they can penalize us for getting out of our contract since we no longer have reliable service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I did. I have been in contact with them many times. They don't have an ETA, don't know the reason the towers are down, but they are pleased to say they have gotten it down from 28K to only 16K without service!

if theyre touting fixing it for 12k people so far its safe to say its a large scale outage..last one like that in my area was due to a road construction crew cutting through a primary line...wiped out pretty much every carrier here in my area up north by 2 hours of travel or south 2 hours..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We are in Northwest GA and have also been without cell service for 2 days. Was told there were no issues with our tower, but they would put a ticket in to Engineering. Said it could take 72 hours to hear back from them. Does anyone know if they can penalize us for getting out of our contract since we no longer have reliable service?

you have been without service for 2 days so far and believe this is grounds for being able to get out of a contract? if this is the case you might opt to switch back to a can and string since any carrier can have something go down for at least 2 days if not more..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

you have been without service for 2 days so far and believe this is grounds for being able to get out of a contract? if this is the case you might opt to switch back to a can and string since any carrier can have something go down for at least 2 days if not more..

Tmobile hasn't had service contracts for years now but they do have Equipment Installment plans which will need to be paid of. Also in all carriers Terms and Conditions they don't guarantee coverage. Too many things that can interfere with the signal.

So I finally talked to a tech at T-Mobile that was willing to be honest with me. Apparently, they did not renew the lease on the tower near our home, so I was justified in my concern. Thanks for your kindness though. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then in that scenario it could be argued that the lack of signal is the reason. if the signal was down due to an issue they are fixing then you dont really have the grounds unless its out for like a month...losing a tower though fully...thats a whole different matter and cant just up and be fixed.