Question

No Service

• 31 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Good morning;

I have been driving to and from work and I have notice complete no service in the NY state Hudson area by Bear Mountain NY and the Harriman area in NY. I see the commercials states that there is 5G coverage in all  of the United states. How can you state that in commercials and there is no service in those areas, this is dangerous, if we cannot reach any services or make calls. This really needs to be addressed.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sadly, this is a customer forum, and many of these dead zones marked as 4G LTE / 5G probably won’t be updated ‘until’ someone forces them to (gov .. or enough consumers leave).

T-Mobile does know this, and they also know that probably 80% of their customer base (if not more) are urban, where they have decent service.

You can escalate or … deal with it / leave.  Not trying to be mean, but I’ve had issues like this for 8 years in some locations, which have been escalated, and T-Mobile’s “executive” response is “our service doesn’t appear to be working for you, we can assist you in finding another carrier”.

Honestly, in many parts of the country (between NYC and LA) this is the norm of thin/ no coverage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All of the big 3 carriers combined do not cover the entire Unites States and don't even cover the entire lower 48.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

has it always had rough signal for data or is this something that kicked up semi recently?