Question

No service/connection

Badge

Has anyone been experiencing the no service/connection - even with the wifi.  For the past several weeks service has been horrible. Having very little to no connection.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Might be an issue with your SIM.  That definitely doesn't sound like normal behavior.  At your earliest opportunity, visit your local T-Mobile Store for a SIM replacement or reach out to Customer Care at 611 or by sending a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to have a replacement SIM sent out.

I have had the same issue for the last 2 weeks. I had always had pretty awesome coverage and then one day, i started getting the no connection icon. I did the following with no success

Restart

Cleared cache on apps then on the phone (Up arrow plus power when phone is off)

Replaced physical SIM

Used eSIM

Network only reset

Turning on airplane mode and off.

Checking Mobile Networks - tried all speeds - 5g-the lowest

Factory Reset

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for either of you. once you leave the area by say 5+ miles in any direction do you regain signal or does it just stay dead until youre back on wifi?

also which phones do yall have?

I have a S22Ultra. It will intermittently connect to 5g for a few seconds then drop with the no connection icon. I have to disable and reenable my SIM to get the signal back and then it drops again after 15 min or so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

all data signal gets lost or just the 5G? go into your settings and change it to 4GLTE and see if it keeps signal or continues to drop as well.

Yeah tried that, switched to each of the options, no change. I have a ticket with TMobile and are trying one last thing before warranty replacement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you're using an Android device,  you can try the cellmapper.net app to see what tower you are connected to.  It is free, but not the simplest tool to use for those that aren't too deep into wireless tech.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

at this point its either a wide spread outage or there is something going on with your device. are there other TMO phones around you? and if so how are they working?

My husband and I are having the same exact issue here in Michigan. We received text messages a few weeks back from T-Mobile saying that they were doing routine tower maintenance and ever since, we’ve had problems. No signal or barely a signal. Phone says 5g, then nothing, then lte and then nothing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

‘Routine’  🙄