Question

NOT RECEIVING TEXTS FROM SOME SENDERS WHOM I USUALLY DO

Badge

I’ve been informed via emails that I’m not responding to important texts sent to me by a US Defense agency.  While I am getting texts from many others, I have not received any texts from that agency for several days.  The agency has informed me of the same problem with others who use T-Mobile services.  What can I do to help you fix this problem?  I’ve already reset Networks on my phone.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Super weird that it stopped working all of a sudden like that and for multiple T-Mobile users too 😮 Since other text messages are working both to and from your phone, it tells me there is something going on with the number that the Defense Agency is sending from. I know that it is happening to multiple people, but I always suggest to make sure the number is not blocked in your settings first (just to make 100% sure it is not something simple like that). The next step would be to engage our engineering by filing a ticket with our Team of Experts or T-Force teams. The engineers can use the examples you provide to dive into exactly how the messages are routing and see where the issue is occurring. You can call us at 1-800-937-8997, message us through the T-Mobile app or website after you log in, or reach out via Facebook or Twitter. The more specific examples you can provide, the more accurately we can address the situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

adding on...for what its worth

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks fireguy! That was my other thought. If the US Defense Agency is being blocked for that reason, it should be seen through our ticket process and then it can be addressed. :)