Question

Poor 5G coverage

• 29 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just recently purchased a 5G Apple 13 Pro Max. Since I have had my 5g internet, I get no more then 2 bars, LTE or 3g, not 5G. Away from my home - no problem with 5G - only when I’m in my home, I never get 5G. . I have moved it all over the house and here and there might get three, but once I set it down back to two bars. Tmobile told me I would have 5G service in my area- Will T-Mobile update their towers to help elleviate these kinds of problems? Should I switch to Verizon, Att, etc?  Any help would be great. Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO either by calling in or via Facebook or Twitter and have them put in a network ticket for you. so neither the phone or home net gets 5G or one does but not the other?

Badge

Have tried that. No success. They only blamed it on the Apple ios. They said ios 16 from Apple might solve this issue. (lol)!

I bought the same phone as you and upgraded from a 4G iPhone XS Max. My experience dropped horribly. Sometimes as little as 3 Mbps!!! The new phone was worse than the old phone and I had dropped calls, trouble making calls, and I still have 1 bar of coverage in my living room and at my office in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Horrible experience. I filled a BBB.org complaint and T-Mobile offered 3 months free, which I took. Almost a year later and my coverage is barely better. 5G is a marketing hype. It's no better and can be worse than 4G. You can read up on the tech and why this is here. 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-is-my-5g-so-slow-comparing-the-hype-to-the-reality/

I have been suckered just like everyone else. And the article infers that this is no better with AT&T and Verizon. 

I wish I had my XS Max back. 

Everyone take care.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Mine isn't too bad.