Question

Poor Cell Reception in my house. Do I need a Cell Signal Booster? Any recommendations?

• 25 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Will TMobile provide a cell signal booster?

If I have to buy one, any inexpensive recommendations?

Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

phone dependent if you have wifi most phones now days have wifi calling on them. should help get your reception back. just make sure to go into your wifi settings and select “wifi preferred”.

Badge

thank you 

Badge

We have almost zero cell reception where we live. It has been this way for 8 years now. The cell booster supplied by t-mobile works fine about five minutes out of 24. Outside we are lucky to get one bar. We have contacted t-mobile numerous times over the course of the past 8 years and nothing has changed. I thought about buying one of those expensive weeboost systems but the problem there is if you only get zero to one bars the booster isn’t going to help. So, since t-mobile will not do anything about this we are actively looking for a company that will enable us to actually use our phones that cost enough to feed ¼ of the world’s population. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Turn on Wi-Fi calling or switch to another provider. 

Badge

Man that is some helpful information right there. I bet you’re really smart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In many areas … T-Mobile is not ‘interested’ in fixing service, especially rural areas.

There are large areas that T-Mobile claims to have service … but does not.  I have been down this road for ~9 years in parts of California.  Some areas - they will set up roaming … other areas, they’ll tell you to port.  I have escalated many areas to BBB/CPUC and FCC.  Unless there is pressure to deploy or .. cheap / easy land - they typically won’t deploy in many rural areas.  I’m assuming you’re in a rural area (or at least suburban/exurban) BTW.

Badge

That is exactly our case. When you look at other carriers though you see the same complaints so I’m not sure any of them are better.