poor quality since merging

Badge

Since Sprint has merged with T-Mobile my internet service has been aweful. has Anyone else had these issues. i believe it is because we live in a rural area but with sprint we never had rarely if ever had issues. sometimes it will just stop and say no service. getting help is a nightmare. or at least a human..

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

guessing but they still must convert over the Sprint towers..well figure out which ones are staying and which ones are going..then swapping their equipment to TMO stuff..might be the issue you are seeing since its a rural area and not as much of a priority as the more populated areas..

again im guessing but this is what is still happening across the nation currently with those Sprint towers.

Since I changed the SIM card, the coverage is getting worst.  I usually was on Network 4 but it is now Network 2/3.

The videos are getting too many buffers and the service is worst.   Too slow.

I still can't send text messages.  I tried it several times and I am still getting an error message - FAILED (COULD NOT SEND MESSAGES).  Someone tried to send some emergency messages to me.

What is going on?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy 9.

I am not sure if the issue is the router or something else. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so the issue is with home TMO net or with your phone?

2 months in, this is the worst. we tried every suggestion provided to no avail. thuinking of going back to previous provider.

Yes we’re having the same issue we live in Manassas and the home wifi works sometimes and most of time it’s searching for signal but modern says great signal this sucks I’m tired of this 

Since Sprint has merged with T-Mobile my internet service has been aweful. has Anyone else had these issues. i believe it is because we live in a rural area but with sprint we never had rarely if ever had issues. sometimes it will just stop and say no service. getting help is a nightmare. or at least a human..

my problems the opposite since the merger with Sprint, my T-Mobile service has gotten terrible. I live in South Jersey just on the edge of where everything becomes rural going south until you hit Atlantic City.

I’m a month-to-month T-Mobile subscriber with three phones on my plan. My service has gotten progressively worse since January 2022 and every time I speak to a T-Mobile representative online they tell me their network is fine and there’s no problems in my area, but I speak to T-Mobile employees in a T-Mobile corporate store and they tell me they’re experiencing the same thing on their phones in the same area as where I am experiencing problems. Today was the topper. I went from five bars of 5G service in my home. to zero to one bar of service. The online help people always want to put it on my phones, but the last time they did that I had purchased two brand new iPhone 15’s shortly after and the problem did not get any better. Today I have been transferred to the tech-support people twice and both times after somebody answers I get hung up on and have to go through the whole chat process again. it’s a shame, because T-Mobile had the best service in my area at one time, and now it’s worse than any service I’ve ever had. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d recommend hitting them up through social media (Twitter/FB) or through BBB request (ends at same location).  Phone/T-Mobile message are typically offshore.

I’ve had mixed results for issues opened.  Calls/T-Mobile app messaging typically ends you at Customer Care which ends up with ~1 hour of ‘reboot device, refresh network from T-Mobile, reset Network settings, reset SIM (if physical) then finally getting to ‘No issues in your area’.  This process really started getting bad around 2019, and hasn’t really gotten any better.

The Executive Response Team is slightly better, but once they’ve got their info, you won’t be able to contact them.

Try the FB/Twitter or BBB if you’re at your last straw.

For the last three months my internet coverage has been terrible. Streaming interruptions, very weak signal. 

I read and completed instructions on how to improve connection. No success. Is there an updated modem / router that will improve connectivity? Running out of options may have to find replacement soon. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Have you called into the T-MObile Home INternet support number ?

The supposed best modem / router is the white one with external antenna ports.

I can’t say, as I have only used the Arcadyan KVD-21, and I’m ~1200’ from a tower.

The Youtube.com NaterTater channel has reviews, tips, etc.