Question

Restriced callers?

• 11 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

About two months ago T Mobile has yet to be able to solve this issue, but 1: They list me in a coverage zone for 5 g ultra, I am lucky to get LTE. mainly it operates at 3g. T Mobile Said they were putting Coverage here February 9th and while their coverage map indicates I am covered as opposed to 2 months ago I do not get Ultra 5 g . PERIOD.

2nd problem. T Mobile has been aware of this issue yet T Mobile care refused a tech support agent and tried to solve it with a call center base employee. They insisted they could troubleshoot it without technical help. My callers have been reporting for 2 months that on attempt to call me “The verbiage is “The number you are trying to call is restricted.” Also I often initiate a call that drops instantly with a “can not locate the right service provider” This is random but T-Mobile refused to help me with tech support so if anyone has answers on these things great.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What device are you using?  There are many 5G devices out there.  With the exception of some of the newest releases.  Most devices don’t support all of the 5G deployments out there.  Devices don’t sit on 5G usually either.  They will switch to it when their device demands that extra level of performance.  If your device is not a T-Mobile device, it might not be compatible with T-Mobile’s 5G deployments or the specific deployments where you are.

Badge

My Device is a Google Pixel 6+pro. My coverage map has been updated to now reflect I am deep within the 5g coverage after engineering did their infrastructure update, where as before I was simply not covered at all on the map. T Mobile said the coverage would be updated in February. The coverage map has been changed but I still get sub LTE at best. mostly not covered at all..IT is also not that I am not getting 5g. I am not covered period, if at the least sub LTE covered.

Badge

IT is a T-Mobile Device. T-Mobile seems happy to collect the bill and not cover you. I would not even have had a thought to sparse through a coverage map before moving 15 blocks away. But T Mobile has not actually had me covered since October 2019. A T Mobile Rep discovered this last month. He was frustrated because numerous calls were made by me over the course of the years to T-Mobile regarding lack of Coverage and the Rep could not believe how incompetent T-Mobile has been up until last month, as no-one investigated to see if I was covered. Then they came up with something that said I will be covered with an infrastructure update. 3 years past due..  T Mobile owes me a lot of money and I am trying to figure out when it is covered so I can collect for non-service.