Question

samsung s21 ultra 5g ultra slow

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

About a week and a half ago I started noticing my phone going INSANELY slow. Like, 21 minutes into watching a 5 minute and 37 second YouTube video and I'm only 1 minute and 12 seconds in slow.

Can't access anything on data, can't download anything on wifi. And it's not a location issue cuz none of my other devices are affected. My partners phone through t-mobile works fine. Every other device that uses wifi is fine. It's just this phone

I've tried everything. Restarting the phone. Having only one app open at a time. Resetting all settings. Factory reset (that took me well over 4 hours cuz it's soooo slow) 

Ive included pics of an update ive been trying to download for hours, 0.36 mb/s with full mobile coverage and 0.00 mb/s with full wifi coverage. Before this issue that would have downloaded in less than a minute. I'm at my wits end idk what else to do? 

2 replies

Badge +1

Based on the information you have provided I have a few things that may help with this issue. 😁

1. Clear Cache: Go to Settings > Apps > select the app > Storage > Clear cache. This helps remove temporary files that might be causing the slowdown.

2. Check Storage: Ensure that you have enough available storage space on your device. Delete unnecessary files or apps to free up space, as low storage can impact performance.

3. Update Software: Make sure your phone's software is up to date. Manufacturers often release updates that address performance issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software update.

4. Safe Mode: Restart your phone and hold the volume down button until "Safe mode" appears. This will help identify if a third-party app is causing the slowdown. If the performance improves in safe mode, a downloaded app may be the culprit.

5. Battery Optimization: Verify if battery optimization settings are affecting your phone's performance. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization and ensure that performance isn't restricted.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Samsung customer support or visiting an authorized service center. They will be able to provide further assistance based on your device and its software version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A factory reset should not take 4 hours.  Did you do a Factory Reset from within the OS or from Download Mode?  Does your device feel very warm or hot to the touch?