Solved

Signal Stength Meter in App

Badge

Is there a way to see the signal strength meter within in app.?

icon

Best answer by Tolerson 6 May 2024, 01:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That depends on the device.

Most Androids have built in tools that can extract from device/API.  (CellMapper.net, SignalCheck Pro, and even built in tools that you can use - for raw data.

Apple .. not so much.  Built in tools, but not many UI that can read from API call.

Badge

Thank you.  I was hoping to see a meter similar to the one on the device within the app.  I can see it from the web (not the app).  Thanks again,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The app should show this under the ‘Home’ tab.

To get the detailed metrics for the T-Mobile Home Internet within the App, select ‘More’ and ‘Advanced Cellular Metrics’.  There will be tabs for 4G LTE and 5G.

Badge

Thank you.  I had found that before my initial post.  I was looking for a bar type graph, if you will, versus "poor, weak, good, very good, excellent, etc."  I can view the graph similar to that on the device by using the web.  See above!

Thanks again,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Finding raw stats can be done with curl commands.   I havent run this in a while.  Its foind here

https://github.com/highvolt-dev/tmo-monitor

Badge

Ah.  I see that using the current (old) app.  I was using the new T-Life app.  It's not there.  Just the metrics.  Thanks a lot.  😃