T Home Internet Bad to Worse, now Gone

• 27 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I've been with TMobile 15 years. Got Home Internet as soon as available.in my area. Not rural, but not urban here either. CSupport told me I can possibly connect to 4 towers with 5g from my location. My speeds have never been over 30 MPs, but ditching my cable company was huge, so I've suffered along. Speeds went down to 10 MPs last week and a ticket was filed. Back story… 3 months ago I had connection issues. But WOW! I was connecting to N41 band 5g and speeds over 100 MPs! Thus is it I thought. Well that connection was never stable. Dropped out every 15 min. Back to TM CService and got stability, @ 20-30 MPs back in the N71 band.  It's coming...it's coming I kept telling myself.  OK back to last week… CS explaining my slow speeds… this AM I had speeds below 6mps. I work from home. Can't connect to company servers… 2 hr. With CS. Just got a call back.  T-M is no longer going to support Home Internet on 5g with the towers I have been connecting to for the last 6 months!  No notice no nothing.  An entire work day plus time to get a new provider. My boss is “thrilled".  Unacceptable service from the company I've reccomended to friend for years BECAUSE of customer service.  It's been fun TMobile… hope you get your act togther.  I'll be hoping I don't get the same person at the cable company I flames when I cancelled….

2 replies

This same thing just happened to us! Everything was fine then no internet! Called rltech got a new router nothing...they opened a ticket and tech support said something crazy like home internet wasn't ment to be long term and their cell users tale precedent over home internet so we would unlikely be able to have it anymore! We literally have no ither options where we live.  And they're still trying to charge me a bill when we have used zero GB for last 2 months! Unbelievable!!

Badge

Same thing happen to be in less than a week.  Do we get refund from 100mbps to 3 mbps?