T-Mobile doesn't seem to care about existing customers

Badge

I have had T-Mobile for cell service and home internet for almost a year and have been very happy with them to the point of bragging about them to other people.

On Tuesday March 7th I was experiencing intermittent signal on my cell phone and no signal at all on my home internet. After talking with T-Mobile technicians I was told there was an outage in the area and that it would be fixed the next day, Wednesday.

I called back again on Wednesday, because I still had little to no signal. I was told was told that the outage was fixed and they were working on positioning. They told me they would call me back.

On Thursday they had never called me back so I called again. This time I was told that they had repositioned the tower so it was no longer pointing toward my house and that nothing could be done about it. The technician also told me that I may want to look into a different carrier.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried contacting them through live chat or messenger on one of Tmobile's social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm somewhat doubtful on the outage now repositioning of a tower excuse that you were given. TMobile has often told me to look into another carrier if/when I do complain about coverage in some areas.  TMobile ‘advanced technical support’ teams will admit to NOT having direct access to tower locations,  or engineering,  and rely on email to contact.    This, and the 1 day turnaround of changing responses from outage to repositioning makes me suspect.   If their media and chat don't respond,  escalate through BBB.  A US representative will call you, and in the end, may also tell you to port, but you're more likely to get a valid response  vs. shoot from the hip

The sad thing is, is that after all of us posting on here regarding our different problems, they still continue to ignore all of it. One would think they would strive to be better because of the other competition that is out there. 

WORD OF MOUTH IS YOUR BEST AND WORST ADVERTISEMENT!

The word of mouth here is..... Switch to a better carrier.

What do they not understand about all of the negative ratings and unhappy customers? 

Do they even care? 

It's sad, because I used to give them a 5 star rating. They were good when I first switched over to them some years back. But now? I won't even recommend them to anyone. 

All I ever get is:

The towers are being worked on/upgraded. That has been 15 months now!

Come on T-Mobile! Get with the program! 

Your name and reputation is definitely going down the tubes! 

I have tried and tried without any resolution to get them to resolve my cell phone coverage. They state and the WEBSITE COVERAGE MAP states that I have 4G and 5G extended service at my address. NOT SO! I have ZERO cell phone reception. Not even 1 bar on 4G. I just keep getting told over and over again for months now that they are working on the tower. ( A lot of good that did me the other night in a snow storm of 20 inches my phone only comes in over my WiFi and I lost that! ) So if I needed help, I was out of luck to say the least! 

It's funny though that my neighbors that live close to me have Verizon and or AT&T and their coverage is superb!

They claim to be of the best for coverage, but NOPE! NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORD AT ALL! 

So basically, I can only use my cell phone over the WiFi. Why am I paying them monthly (T-Mobile) again? Oh yeah, I totally forgot, I can drive 30 miles to the city and maybe connect to cell coverage and use it there once every year or so!!!  

Today they tried to have me buy a WiFi hotspot to use. I told the ( very nice by the way gentleman, Harris ) I'm already paying monthly for NO SERVICE and now you want me to pay for you to send me a WiFi hotspot on top of that so I can have the service you promised? 

NOPE , NOT TODAY OR ANY OTHER DAY!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME , RIGHT?!

I just sent an email to our ATTORNEY GENERAL for the State of CT. He actually had a small segment on last week about all of the problems with cell phone carriers and said to reach out to him with any ongoing problems. 

So if any of you are in CT. Give him a shout out that you are having problems. 🙂

I am so OVER paying out money for companies that don't hold up on there morals, values, and promises! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you hoping the AG will help you get out of contact with TMO or are you hoping they’ll push them to somehow fix the network so  you can then have service?

safe to say it wont be fixed..if youre trying to get out of a current contract in order to go to either V or ATT then sure..the AG can help with that.

Luckily, I don't have a contract with them. I have always done prepaid. So I guess my only options at this point is to switch as you suggested. Like many, I am retired and of course "on a budget". So the plan price was within my means. But, what good is it doing me paying for something I don't even get? I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and change carriers like many other unsatisfied customers have done.😞

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so since you’ll be a new customer for another carrier you’ll be able to get the “new to them” deals...which like every other carrier out there..once you hit the 2 year marker youre now a regular customer stuck to the same ol regular customer costs for devices and such.

only up side will be better reception there since its safe to say the tower or towers ATT/V have are closer than the TMO tower.

Been a cell phone customer for 11 years, recently tried to upgrade for free phones on the same deal Verizon offered, wouldn't even consider, wanted me to pay additional $66 per month for 2 phones when I can switch to Verizon for free, which I will be doing. Yes they don't value loyalty.

Yeah,

Surly A LOT of smoke blowing out  when it comes to saying they are the largest and the best. Several of my friends, and myself included, have reached out with written complaints to the Attorney General here in Connecticut about their terrible customer service when you need help with anything ( IT'S ALWAYS 100 % UNRESOLVED ) and how they NEVER perform maintenance to keep their towers up to date. For the past 5 years, I was told over and over they were working on them and they will be back up and running smoothly shortly! Well hell! I hope they're not still employing those same workers 5 years later. 

They definitely need to restructure their entire operations from bottom up. You can be the best if you really want it! It's apparent they just want to throw that verbiage out there and not act up on it at all!  😔

Word of mouth, is your worst and your best advertisement!  Something they need to ponder on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile is currently in a spot where they are ‘getting, while the getting is good’.  I’ve had similar with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and yes .. T-Mobile.

This is nothing ‘new’, and carriers will spend money to poach customers from competitors, but little to keep them.  Rates will go up, especially with newer plans, and they all know this.  T-Mobile has more than enough customers coming in due to their 5g deployment.