Question

Texts/calls delayed on wi-fi

• 16 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Pixel 6a (maybe 6-9 months old?) and I’ve noticed in the last month or two that when I’m on my home wi-fi, texts and calls are delayed. I will get a batch of texts and missed call notifications all at once. I haven’t noticed the problem outside of my home but honestly I don’t usually connect to wi-fi elsewhere. If I turn off wi-fi on my phone, my messages all come through right away.

If it matters, I have fiber connection at home, can’t remember the name of the company, but the wi-fi in the rest of the house (and with the rest of my family members on android and iphones) seems to have no problems.

Is there a solution to this? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

have you attempted anything on your side? restarting the phone? you might be in a part of the home where you start to loose mobile signal and the phone kind of gets confused even though its on wifi still. not unheard of..

might be what you are seeing. when you switch away from wifi how is your mobile signal?

Badge

Oh yes, of course I’ve restarted my phone, I switched to a different texting app thinking it could be the app, and everything is updated. It happens anywhere in the house. Mobile signal is fine when I turn off wifi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

under wifi did you select wifi preferred ? might be under advanced settings.