Question

tmobile LTE connection

Badge

Hello All,

So I just got my T-mobile simcard and trying to set up LTE connection.  I am trying to save the APN settings but whenever I enter correct informations from this link it doesn’t save anything. So basically my connection is smartsites.t-mobile.com I am trying to change it to fast.t-mobile.com but so far I couldn’t do that. My current plan is 5g. So it should be LTE connection. My phone is redmi note 9. I also tried to get LTE connection from iphone 12 but i can’t get LTE from there too. 

I tried to change APN settings when he phone is airplane mode. It also didn’t work. 

If anyone teach me how can I get LTE setups I would be so grateful. Sorry for my bad english. I also forgot to tell I am in the Netherlands

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials/device/t-mobile/revvlry/topic/connections-amp-network/apn-and-data-settings/1

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#subhead2

you might cross check what your link is saying to change the APNs to compared to the link above. see if there are any differences.

Badge

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I also checked that link. There is only 1 differences but it also doesn’t work

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and the Note 9 you have is being brought in from another carrier correct? is it 5G capable? if it isnt and it doesnt have VoLTE capabilities that TMO uses it might be why it isnt working. once they shut down 3G all calls will need to be through the data side..meaning if it doesnt use the VoLTE abilities that TMO uses it wont work..

scratch that..just noticed the Netherlands edit..pretty sure you’ll want to contact the international TMO and not on the site here..everything noted in here is for the U.S only.

are you from the states but are traveling or you live in the Netherlands?

Badge

It is redmi note 9 pro. It provides 5g connectivity. But also I can’t get 5g from iphone 12 too. Is it possible my sim card doesn’t support 5G? I am not sure something like that exist. just asking

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might have a U.S TMO sim card and not the one you are needing for international

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The Redmi Note 9 Pro only supports two bands, band 2 and band 4.  There is no guarantee that where you are trying to use the device has those bands deployed for service.  The issue is more than likely that the device you are trying to use doesn't have the band support for the bands T-Mobile has deployed where you are.  Bands 12, 66, and 71 are what you will need in addition to band 4 and the device must support T-Mobile's implementation of VoLTE to work properly on the T-Mobile USA network.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_9_pro-10217.php

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The Redmi Note 9 Pro only supports two bands, band 2 and band 4.  There is no guarantee that where you are trying to use the device has those bands deployed for service.  The issue is more than likely that the device you are trying to use doesn't have the band support for the bands T-Mobile has deployed where you are.  Bands 12, 66, and 71 are what you will need in addition to band 4 and the device must support T-Mobile's implementation of VoLTE to work properly on the T-Mobile USA network.

almost positive the poster lives in the Netherlands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

almost positive the poster lives in the Netherlands.

If they are in the Netherlands, I doubt they meet the requirement of being a current T-Mobile USA customer which means, they do not even meet the requirements to see if it is even possible to SIM unlock.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

isnt there a international TMO? wonder if thats who they are needing to contact..not international travel TMO but isnt there a overseas part of TMO not really affiliated with the U.S variant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile in the UK/EU is a separate entity from T-Mobile USA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

wouldnt they be the ones they would want to contact instead of the U.S TMO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If that is who their SIM belongs to.  5G must be deployed where they are using the device and the device must support those bands it needs to connect to.  In some cases, a newer SIM would also be required.  I am not familiar with what the Netherlands does or doesn't have with their deployments and what those deployments bands are.