Question

Tmobile network hasn't worked for the past 2 weeks

• 26 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

So, title is self explanatory. I’ve been having network drops for the better part of 2 in a half weeks now. With wifi, my phone works obviously with no problems (including having wifi on for phone calls) however the minute there’s no wifi my service BARELY works. I get dropped calls or person on the other line can’t hear me and then the call fails. Phone works for maybe 10 minutes and proceeds to do the same thing. Internet doesn’t work as well either. I’ve tried switching from 5G to LTE only and same issue. Internet works for a little bit and the dropped calls are the same. Sometimes I’m talking to someone and when they can’t hear me it eventually gives me a “call failed” option. I’ve contacted Tmobile tech support almost every single day about this and they kept telling me that they would submit it to their senior tech team. These people are absolutely horrible at what they do. All they did is give me 70 dollars off my service meanwhile for almost better part half a month my phone service has no worked. So finally able to get a “senior” (I think they’re just reading off some BS manual) technician who had me reset my network, reset my phone to factory setting, they even changed my eSim to see if that was the issue. And after all that they said “sorry we can’t help, you have to go to Apple” so finally yesterday I went to Apple genius bar and apparently they can’t find anything wrong with the phone except that it had at least 8 dropped calls yesterday and that the issue is with Tmobile itself. I even got it in writing and now I’m just sitting here trying to reach someone and it’s all outsourced customer service from Philippines and honestly no one there can help me. They keep saying the same thing and I’m getting ridiculously tired and annoyed. Is there anything I can do? At this point can they just give me a new iPhone? I paid a ridiculous amount for it and it’s just a brick to me right now..

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Since reps won't escalate,  file a ticket with either your local PUC, or BBB (easier).  US based reps will ‘attempt’ to call you, and actually raise the issue