Question

Tower upgrades

• 28 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is there anyway for someone to check if there is tower work being done in my area as my phone tend to switch to AT&T network frequently. It's good because I can still talk and text but annoying because the data is non existant because it's throttled. I rather have one bar tmobile that five on AT&T partner coverage.

My zip code is 12986

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately no. anyone you would speak with calling in or any other method would not have any info on tower upgrades or their status. does this network issue only affect you in one specific area or does the problem follow you?

Badge

Only really noticed in my area. I have noticed with using some speed test apps and network info apps I will on rare occasions be connected to 5g SA which seems to give me a stronger signal with lightning fast web page loads. Download speed not registering as spectacular but good at 40mbps and up strong with 20mbps range but only connects to that for brief rare instances.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah the stronger signals tend to have the lesser of range/strength to push through most obstacles. which phone do you have? and was it purchased from TMO or brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

Badge

It's a t-mobile purchased s22 ultra. Wish it would stay 5g sa. Will go from one or two bars indoors to three or four bars if it randomly gets connected to sa rather than nsa. Just seems as they must be testing as it's rare and doesn't matter location indoors or out when it connects to sa 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there should be a method to turn off/on certain bands of 5G. might be an option for you until they get whatever theyre doing to the network there figured out. i remember someone posting steps semi recently..for the life of me i cant remember who posted it though lol…

uhm… @tomwil ?