Question

travel to germany and england

• 30 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have an iPhone 11  on the magenta military plan  will my phone  work in  the 2 countries  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It should but you may need to change the apn settings but @drnewcomb can give you more information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I have an iPhone 11  on the magenta military plan  will my phone  work in  the 2 countries  

I’ve been to both countries in the past 20 months and yes, data and voice work fine without needing to do anything to your phone. Voice is not included in your plan so it will billed to you at 0.25 per minute. If you have any problems you can still call TMO International support number at no charge:

+1-505-998-3793

Do I need to buy an international data plan to utilize my phone (same plan) while in England?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Do I need to buy an international data plan to utilize my phone (same plan) while in England?

Interesting question. Define “utilize”. Does in mean, “Stream videos” or “Upload megabyte pictures”? If so a Data Pass is a good idea. If you just need e-mail, VoIP and Google Maps (preloaded offline data) you can get by with the free data.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYMuPEbQIcxxxDJBlG8p9FYUT9jdPDIg2-PtG40uJk0/edit?usp=sharing