Question

Trouble Texting with Galaxy s22 Ultra and spotty service

• 3 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am new to T-Mobile and have only had my phone 2 months. The service has been spotty, everywhere I go. I was told by support that they were upgrading towers in my area and they didn’t have a ECD of when it would be complete. This was the first week we had it. Of course I waited and now I am outside my trial period. My phone cannot send texts and missed my daughters competition because of no service. I have spent hours in the store and on the phone trying to get this resolved. They offered a refurbed phone but it wouldn't be here for two to three weeks. I tried to cancel my phone plans but I am outside of the trial period. If I was able to send texts it wouldn't be that bad. I have seen that this is kind of a problem with T-Mobile and Samsung but haven't found a solution. This is the worst phone service I have ever had to deal with. Any suggestions would be great!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The best cell service per device on T-Mobile has favored OnePlus for as long as I have had them  LG, Samsung, Motorola, Apple, and other devices just don't find usable service where usually a OnePlus device does.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve been with T-Mobile since August. Service is pretty decent. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and upgraded my phone when the new ones came out. My texts worked flawlessly no issues. On November 10th my sms texts stopped being delivered. I have called T-Mobile customer service numerous times. Did all their troubleshooting over and over. Took my phone to an Apple Store for them to run diagnostics on my phone. They said my phone is fine, and it’s a network issues. Finally on January 10th one of their customers service representatives filed a trouble ticket on my behalf to go to an engineer. I still have not heard back from an engineer or customer service representative. I’ve called to get a follow up, and I literally have to start all over again. I can’t communicate with anyone, and am beyond frustrated. I filed a complaint with the FCC. Hopefully they can get them to fix the issue, because I have seen numerous complaints about texting issues with T-Mobile users. The type of phone varies. 

Badge

So it seems that everyone who has T-mobile I cannot text. Everyone else in my contacts that do not have T-mobile I can text no problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mine is the opposite. I can text people on the T-Mobile network, I can’t text anyone outside the T-Mobile network. Very frustrating. I wish they would resolve this issue. 

Badge

And just like that my text messages start working again. I guess It wasn’t the phone like they said!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did they do anything that you know of to get your texts working again?

Badge

Not that I know of.

Badge

And guess what? Now my wife phone is not able to text me. Unbelievable!!!!!